Drew Peterson arrested...

catphish

• CMS Author

Yes, the media, and Petersen himself. His third wife was murdered (he's the suspect), his forth wife has been missing for a year, within that year he was engaged to another 23 year old woman. He was on his way to the Bunny Ranch to exploit his fame when he was taken into custody. All this time getting himself in front of any camera pointed his way, taunting the family's of his former wives and the authorities.

I know I'm in the minority who prefers to allow our court system to try suspects, not the media and court of public opinion. Again, you're basing your comments on what the media presents to you, which is only done to sell advertising time, not be accurate and unbiased.

• Moderators

Hearsay is second hand information being used to prove the truth of the matter asserted. Hearsay is inadmissible.

For example, if Catphish called me a pig {censored}er and Thunderbroom heard him do it, Thunderbroom could testify in court that he heard Catphish call me a pig {censored}er (because he has first hand knowledge of this), but he couldn't testify that I am a pig {censored}er, because that's just hearsay.

There are exceptions to the hearsay rule that allow hearsay evidence. One example is admissions against interest. For example, if Drew Peterson said, "I killed Kathleen" to a third person, the third person could testify that Drew said "I killed Kathleen" in support of the proposition that he did kill her. It is hearsay, but it is admissible hearsay under a clear exception.

Prior to the new law, there was no exception to the hearsay rule that would have allowed the evidence that Kathleen told her sister and lawyer that if she ends up dead Drew killed her. It is hearsay with respect to whether Drew killed her. Although it wouldn't be hearsay with respect to the fact that she said/wrote it, because a murder case is over whether he did it, not whether he said it, and the evidence can't be allowed in to support he did it, the court won't let it in to support he said it because it would be too prejudicial.

Now that's not an issue. We have made an exception that allows murder victims' words to be used against their accused killers. Maybe we'll call it the Peterson rule since it affects him in this case and could also have been used in Stacy's case. :idea:

• Members

As much as I'd like to see this low life piece of {censored} die a slow agonizing death he just might get off.One of the news stories I watched had some college legal scholar guy that made the point that the Constitution guarantees him the right to face and question his accuser.Obviously impossible.That said there definitely should be an investigation of the local police and DA department.From what I've seen they went out of their way to botch the investigation into his third wife's so called accidental death to protect the police dept from any embarrassment.He's certainly not the only one that should go to jail in this.

• Members

Am I wrong here or didn't all of his wives end up in shallow graves somewhere so far? I mean the media will twist what it can, but that is just one HELL of a coincidence. So, what will probably happen, is he will be found not fit to stand trial, and go to a mental institution somewhere, where hopefully the first thing they do, is stick a rubber thing in his mouth and see how much current his melon can take.

• Moderators

All had problems with him but AFAIK his third is dead/at the center of all this and the fourth missing and presumed dead.I think his first and second are still alive.

Right. He only killed two of his four ex-wives. :lol:

• Members

Ah yes, gotta love it when someone is tried and convicted.....by the public....long before a trial.

Perhaps Petersen IS a scumbag, and guilty. But nobody who's posted here knows this beyond what the always-accurate-and-never-biased media has told them they know.

Absolutely.

My biggest question isn't about him. He will be fine.

My question is about the IL government (again :facepalm:), in this case the cops and coroner in that {censored}ing dirt bag town. Seems to me Peterson was right at home with all the corruption and anti-women douchbaggery going on there.

In the reports I've read, she placed 18 domestic calls to 911 and none were followed up. It has been estimated there was more like 50 calls but only 18 were documented. And then the way her 'accidental' death was handled. Bunch of retards.

I imagine most women in that town feel safe even now. ;)

While Matt Lower gives Peterson all the BJ's he wants. When does his reality show begin again? Any of you local guys have the time slot andchannel? :idk: Should be a doozie.

• Members

I know I'm in the minority who prefers to allow our court system to try suspects, not the media and court of public opinion. Again, you're basing your comments on what the media presents to you, which is only done to sell advertising time, not be accurate and unbiased.

I know what you are saying and I agree, but these are the facts. Especially the Drew on TV for himself crap.

Archived