New Gear at the gig last night

samson3382

• Members

Showed up at the gig last night with my new GBE1200, old 1X15 with new Kappalite driver, and old benz 2X10XB. Hadn't gotten a chance to try it out at practice with the band, (got it thursday night) just messed around with it a little at home, so I was a little nervous and a little excited. Got my levels dialed in (during change out) best i could in a hurry and we hit it. Drummer and guitard are in another "touring" band, and we have NOT been practicing enough lately:mad: so there was some comical screwups throughout the night. I'm the lead vocalist/bassist and we also have a vocalist (backups/hiphop) that doesn't play. 4 times in one song he was jumping around while i was singing/playing and accidently stepped on my tuner, muting me.:facepalm::lol: I forgot how to play a song i wrote cause i was messing around with my new toy:facepalm:. The new benz+Kappalite sounded awesome, but, as i was afraid would happen, once i started playing my low b, the tired old 10s just farted out. (with the main volume at about 1/4) So i had to turn down the bass, and the 15 pretty much drowned out the 2X10. MY POINT, I want to upgrade my 10s, and possibly the tweeter. According to my math, the internal volume of the cab is 3.37413. the port is weird.

[ATTACH]294517[/ATTACH]

thats grizz

the square parts volume is .199652, then there are four round tube ports inside that. the the volume of the actual tubes is .032724. The tweeter is a big 4.5X4.5 horn thing in the middle. what speakers would be a good replacement/upgrade for that cab? What might compliment and keep up with the SWR 1X15 with Kappalite 3015? Its gonna be gettin 500 watts from the benz so...

Archived