The midlife crisis.

Sugarskull

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Past it.

Now I'm just that old fukkin bull in the back 80 that they won't let mate, and is past it's prime. So as long as it's separated from the herd, they think it's humane. They ought to just shoot the damned thing, 'cuz it's fukkin life is over except for the time. But they won't.

• Members

What's up ?

I watched a travel show and came to the realization that because of the decisions I have made in my life, I'll never see those places. There's a lot of things I'm too old, too broke and too far own the path I've chosen to ever do. It's pretty sobering. Crisis is the wrong word. It's not that bad, just sobering.

• Members

I watched a travel show and came to the realization that because of the decisions I have made in my life, I'll never see those places. There's a lot of things I'm too old, too broke and too far own the path I've chosen to ever do. It's pretty sobering. Crisis is the wrong word. It's not that bad, just sobering.

But...but....who cares if you ever get to see the Pyramids of Giza!? Pfft! :rolleyes:

You'll still get to hang out with all the wimmen-haters! :thu::D

Seriously, though, it is never too late until you're dead. Then yeah, it's too late...

• Members

I feel ya there. There are a lot of things I missed out on becoming a father at 20... The thing is, I wouldn't trade any or all of those things for my kids. Bottom line is we'll have a lot of time to do all of those things when the responsibilities wane. I guess that's what a mid-life crisis really is. :thu:

• Members

Like where?

I want to honeymoon in Antarctica. I will know I have found the one when she doesn't think I'm absolutely nuts :D

• Members

I feel ya there. There are a lot of things I missed out on becoming a father at 20... The thing is, I wouldn't trade any or all of those things for my kids. Bottom line is
we'll have a lot of time to do all of those things when the responsibilities wane.
I guess that's what a mid-life crisis really is.
:thu:

I'm going to be 55 in June and I'm still waiting for that "waning" your talking about. In the meantime, that hike of the Grand Canyon that I didn't take when I was younger..??? well a heart attack and Ankylosing Spondylitis has {censored} canned that possibility.

Just a warning to you younger guys that think there's plenty of time later?

You'll blink and the time will be gone.

My midlife crisis is what I think led me back to playing in a band for the first time in twenty five years. My identity at one time was sort of wrapped around being an athlete and a musician then got lost in the tangle of being a husband & father. Well the athlete part is beyond recapturing because of the health/fitness issues....that left the music.

• Members

I know how you feel about things you've missed or won't be able to do...but if you had been doing those things, you probably wouldn't have had the time to do all the cool things you HAVE done.

If that makes sense.

• Members

I am in the early phases of my mid-life crisis...

I have two kids in high school and put alot on hold to take care of them and get them ready for college.

I am very close to buying one of these:

k_klr650_black_09.jpg

In hopes of doing some adventure riding when they go off to college and I have more free time....

• Members

I'm going to be 55 in June and I'm still waiting for that "waning" your talking about. In the meantime, that hike of the Grand Canyon that I didn't take when I was younger..??? well a heart attack and Ankylosing Spondylitis has {censored} canned that possibility.

Just a warning to you younger guys that think there's plenty of time later?

You'll blink and the time will be gone.

My midlife crisis is what I think led me back to playing in a band for the first time in twenty five years. My identity at one time was sort of wrapped around being an athlete and a musician then got lost in the tangle of being a husband & father. Well the athlete part is beyond recapturing because of the health/fitness issues....that left the music.

Well, I figure I'll progressively have more time to do stuff as my kids get older... They're 12 and 8 and I can already see it happening. The only thing I really need to do before I get too old to do it is take a heli trip to Valdez, Alaska. It's been on my list for a few years now.

• Moderators

The midlife crisis.

Anyone going through this, gone through this?

Sure. Couldn't afford either the mistress or the sports car, though. Fortunately(?), the company I worked for laid me off, so I'm back in school at 53, and see my wife only on Sunday.

Some midlife crises are worse than others, though. My older brother killed himself two weeks before his 50th birthday.

• Members

Well, I figure I'll progressively have more time to do stuff as my kids get older...
They're 12 and 8 and I can already see it happening. The only thing I really need to do before I get too old to do it is take a heli trip to Valdez, Alaska. It's been on my list for a few years now.

We ALL figure that and count on that. I'm just warning you. While you're waiting for that to happen the clock is ticking. Don't let it pass you by.

I worked very hard at being there for my kids (two sons, a step-son and step-daughter), coaching soccer, going to all their baseball, softball, soccer, field hockey, basketball etc,etc,. I don't regret being there for them at all, yet now that I'm older I realize that it wouldn't have killed them to have grandma watch them for a week here and there while me and the missez did X or Y.

I'm just saying be careful. The time goes faster then you think and faster and faster the older you get.

• Members

We ALL figure that and count on that. I'm just warning you. While you're waiting for that to happen the clock is ticking. Don't let it pass you by.

I worked very hard at being there for my kids (two sons, a step-son and step-daughter), coaching soccer, going to all their baseball, softball, soccer, field hockey, basketball etc,etc,. I don't regret being there for them at all, yet now that I'm older I realize that it wouldn't have killed them to have grandma watch them for a week here and there while me and the missez did X or Y.

I'm just saying be careful. The time goes faster then you think and faster and faster the older you get.

^^^ This... he speaks truth!!

• Members

Point taken. :thu:

Archived