calling all electro harmonix deluxe memory man owner!!!

bassthumpintwin

• Members

Got a dilemma...

I have this EH deluxe memory man pedal, and it's not working.

Here's a possibility:

the AC jack has three wires coming off of it... only two are connected to anything.

one to the power switch

one to the foot switch

the third one is connected to nothing

The only problem is, I can't find where it might have gone...

So... can somebody who has this pedal open up the back and tell me where the third wire goes?

THANKS!

• Members

Hi, I have a DMM, but the model with the wall adaptor. But, if you have a pict of the inside, may be I can help.

I'm talking about the one with the wall adapter too...

I mean the jack where the adapter plugs in, on the inside of the pedal, has 3 wires soldered to it.

1 is disconnected. Can you open your pedal and tell me where each wire goes?

Thanks bud.

• Members

I've looked inside mine and actually there is only two cables from DC in. The blue cable goes to the top row middle log of the on/off switch. The black cable goes somewhere on the board. So black should be ground return and blue should be power.

My pcb is EC2002-REV-E. Yours might be different.

My picture is not that clear, but just to show 2 cables leaving power jack.

• Members

I've looked inside mine and actually there is only two cables from DC in. The blue cable goes to the top row middle log of the on/off switch. The black cable goes somewhere on the board. So black should be ground return and blue should be power.

My pcb is EC2002-REV-E. Yours might be different.

My picture is not that clear, but just to show 2 cables leaving power jack.

hmmm..... crap. That's what I was afraid of.

That means that it's probably something ELSE that is causing me trouble. (No wonder I couldnt find where the third wire was "supposed" to go)

There has obviously been some post production repair/modification to this pedal, so who knows what the last guy to have it under a soldering iron did to it. The thing is, it WAS working in between that guy and me, so I don't think he necessarily broke it.

Could just be that some of the ICs need replacing. I suppose that will be my next move....

Thanks for taking a look for me though!

Archived