after all that...I GOT THE WEST END MUSICAL!!!

Chlo_treacher

• Members

one word: YAY!!!!!!!

Got the call this morning-they admitted to looking for someone else with a bit more experience than me over this last week. But when it looked pretty hard to find, they decided that they wanted to give me my first taste of west end anyway!!!

I'm SO excited-meeting up with the md tomorrow in order to go through the parts, got my first rehearsal on sunday, another on tues and wed afternoon and then all hell is let loose from wed eve!!!

This does mean that im going to have to re-arrange exams, deadlines and uni in general plus cancel a shed load of gigs i had booked but what the heck. :cool: and to top it all off, I'm going to be in my uni's newsletter next month!!! :lol:

Chlo x

• Members

So I take it you'll be in the pit, and not onstage, correct?

yeh I'll be in the pit...well i hope so!! there's a production i saw on youtube that was done with instuments on stage dancing about the place...but. fingers crossed i wont have to!!!! and the md has done ALL the big musicals so i'm pretty damn psyched! got a real double bass for it now too. (rented unfortunently) sounds really nice. yay!

oh and :wave:! been a while, how have you all been?

• Moderators

yeh I'll be in the pit...well i hope so!! there's a production i saw on youtube that was done with instuments on stage dancing about the place...but. fingers crossed i wont have to!!!! and the md has done ALL the big musicals so i'm pretty damn psyched! got a real double bass for it now too. (rented unfortunently) sounds really nice. yay!

oh and
:wave:
! been a while, how have you all been?

I broke my wrist and several ribs six weeks ago. Still wearing a splint, still can't play.

• Members

so i just got back from the first full band call. Met up with the md yesterday and ended up sight reading through the whole musical on an instrument i dont REALLY play (the double bass-dont tell). So i was a LITTLE scared! But today was much better. I practised this morning for 3 hours before i left the house, so all in all i think i spent 7 hours on the upright! As a result i managed to get a "thank you and well done for learning the parts so well and so damn quickly" from micheal the md, so im pretty chuffed with that!

found out (sounded so different over the phone) that its not in a west end theatre...BUT...the md is the biggest md there is in the west end-he did spamelot, jesus christ superstar, jerry springer opera, les mes, cats...so its a killer for the cv!

the rest of the band are lovely too and around my age so fitting in nicely. and michael wasn't so scary today either.

:D:D:D

shows start on wed, and got the press coming on thursday and friday. can't wait!!!!

Archived