'78-'79. . .

blueyedmule

• Members

1. sure, he's straight :rolleyes:

2. did a gig with Exile in '94....I funked up 'Super Love'... 'twas fun :thu:

3. He was no Peter Green but the Welch-era Fleetwood Mac was pretty good a la 'Hypnotized'...... I had Ebony Eyes on 45, the flipside was another good tune called 'Hot Love, Cold World'

• Members

Dunno how much of it is just nostalgia. I don't think I'd go out and buy lots of this era of corporate rock, but I have to admit it was often well-written and/or well-performed, if sometimes a little stiff/stale/thinly-mixed. Probably sounded much better live with lots of these bands.

Anybody wanna drop some '78-'79 muzak on us??

• Members

I remember seeing a tiny clip of the Sex Pistols playing in I think Texas. I was in high school, the clip was on the news, and Sid had cut himself up like he did there, and I was just a little freaked. I mean, there WAS no punk in my school or town. At all. We'd never heard of it, frankly, and that clip I saw was alarming.

I'll always remember that. In today's instant access world, you can't have those kinds of experiences any more unless you plan on living on the steppes with the Mongols.

• Members

In today's instant access world, you can't have those kinds of experiences any more unless you plan on living on the steppes with the Mongols.

Or, if there's no time for all that, you can just rustle up the DVD...

tarasbulba.jpg

Archived