Rock! Stupid deal for me on MF!

burdizzos

• Members

I scored an M-audio EX66 active reference monitor last night for $150.

It's a scratch and dent, but those typically go for way more than that.

I'm going to use it as a center fill for the PA. When we have the full 20 foot truss set up, the center of the room right in front of the stage is usually all subs and very little vox/instruments, so I'm going to mount this speaker to the center truss section firing downward and feed it from one of the aux sends to fill in the missing sound. It's supposed to be good for 109 dB @ 1 meter, so that should work perfectly.

• Members

I scored an M-audio EX66 active reference monitor last night for $150.

It's a scratch and dent, but those typically go for way more than that.

I'm going to use it as a center fill for the PA. When we have the full 20 foot truss set up, the center of the room right in front of the stage is usually all subs and very little vox/instruments, so I'm going to mount this speaker to the center truss section firing downward and feed it from one of the aux sends to fill in the missing sound. It's supposed to be good for 109 dB @ 1 meter, so that should work perfectly.

I'd be really interested to know how that works out for you. I was thinking of doing something along the same lines.

• Members

I've been tossing around a lot of ideas on how to accomplish it and I had all but resigned myself to the fact that I was going to have to build a box. So I started pricing it up and it was going to cost me at least $300 to buy materials and an amp. Once I had a dollar amount, I got to thinking about how I reall yonly need a point source monitor because I'm not trying to carry the house, but rather fill a small hole right in front of the stage. Then I started looking at active reference monitors and just stumbled across the EX-66.

I'm hoping to have it up and running this weekend.

Archived