OT: Why do women get the "tramp stamp?"

db.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

a tradition over 5 thousand years old in almost every culture on the planet , "tramp stamp" is slightly an ignorant insult .
:cop:

Not really. I mean its an insult to the person but still an accurate descriptor:D j/k.

In reality it seems that every culture had/has certain areas where they got/get tattoos. I don't really see the difference here.

As stated previously the main reason these are popular is because they are easy to hide, easy to show, and a very good landscape to fit just about anything on; from fairies to fake tribal flash art:D.

• Members

I never even heard the term "tramp stamp" until a few years ago. I have a small tattoo on the lower portion of my back, but it's hardly a tramp stamp. It's a sun with a purple triangle in the middle. I did it when I was 21 and was in AA. Yikes. Obviously I'm not in AA anymore. The folks made me go for regular early 20's drinking {censored}.

• Members

OMG!

I hate all tattoos on women. Look like crap.

I agree. Don't like tattoos on women at all either. Whether they intend to or not it just seems to make them cheaper and look like they are "easier". It just makes them less attractive to me but to each his own.

• Members

I agree. Don't like tattoos on women at all either. Whether they intend to or not it just seems to make them cheaper and look like they are "easier". It just makes them less attractive to me but to each his own.

Eh, it's okay. Sometimes I see tats on a guy and think "low life that can't give a job that lives with mommy", or "what a {censored}, he had his wife's name tattooed on his ass?", and even lots of tats=methhead.

Judgemental? Yes. This whole thread is full of it and I'm not an exception. The art you chose to wear might be read differently by someone else. I think some people look great in tats, others, not so great.

• Members

You know, the tattoo, usually of Celtic design just above the buttocks? In SoCal they are ubiquitous, and I never understood the meaning of these tattoos, and why they are placed in that special place.

I'm
NOT
judging anyone, I'm just truly curious. Any insight? I just want to understand.
:idk:

For the same reason all the guys ended up with those tribal things around their upper arms...fashion my dear.

We just didn't come up with such a nice name as Tramp Stamp for those tribal crappys you guys where getting...;)

• Members

My EX SIL got a huge tat with my brothers name in huge letters on her stamp ( it was badly done also :rolleyes: ) right before they divorced...I actually think its kinda funny now but at the time I wondered how drunk she was and the artist when having it done :facepalm:

I'm thinking of getting a tattoo on my mid back, about the size of a half dollar. Its an area easy to cover and even if I wear sleeveless shirts it wont show.:thu:

Archived