OT: Why do women get the "tramp stamp?"

db.

• Members

You know, the tattoo, usually of Celtic design just above the buttocks? In SoCal they are ubiquitous, and I never understood the meaning of these tattoos, and why they are placed in that special place.

I'm NOT judging anyone, I'm just truly curious. Any insight? I just want to understand. :idk:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think they want a tattoo. They want it concealed for the most part but can easily show it if they feel like it.

It seems like now every time you see a drunk girl or a female acting stupid they have a tattoo on their lower back and it is showing.

• Members

You know, the tattoo, usually of Celtic design just above the buttocks? In SoCal they are ubiquitous, and I never understood the meaning of these tattoos, and why they are placed in that special place.

I'm
NOT
judging anyone, I'm just truly curious. Any insight? I just want to understand.
:idk:

Dude, you answered your own question with the name of your thread.

• Members

Dude, you answered your own question with the name of your thread.

Well, I didn't come up with the phrase "tramp stamp," and I don't consider all women with this type of tattoo as tramps (my niece has one, and she's no tramp).

I've also heard the phrase "butt topper," which I think that is a bit crass, but people say these things.

Are you saying that every woman with this tattoo is a tramp? I don't think this is true, but that's just me.

• Members

Are you saying that every woman with this tattoo is a tramp? I don't think this is true, but that's just me.

Don't know but it is an appropriate name and it appears to be an advertisement, but that's just me.

Personally, I think they're hideous and the take away from the absolute beauty that is the woman's dorsum. It's like putting up a McDonald's in front of a great view at Yosemite.

• Members

I know you didn't come up with it but it is an appropriate tag, IMO.

But tramp stamp isn't?
:confused:

Don't know but it is an appropriate name and it appears to be an advertisement, but that's just me.

Personally, I think they're hideous and the take away from the absolute beauty that is the woman's dorsum. It's like putting up a McDonald's in front of a great view at Yosemite.

Yeah but that Rotten Ronnie's sign can let you know there some good eatin' to be had when you're tanked ;).

• Members

From a scientific standpoint, they want you to notice thier asses and how fertile they look. You could always try your luck and see if you might be able to plow and fertilize them.

This is exactly right.

I have seen a very rare few that are quite attractive and appropriate.

I do, however, love Megan Fox's ribcage tat. That's just hot.

• Members

It's easy to live with for work reasons, relatively pain free, can only be shown off when you want too, makes you a little bad ass for getting ink, often those that get them there are the types that those that get turned on by them there want to get with, and more than anything... It's trendy to get one there.

• Members

I think its more of a "cool" thing/place to get.

Like a:

Butterfly on the shoulder

Dolphin on the ankle

Cupid on the breast

Star on the wrist (I missed this one.. whats it all about?)

Chinese character

Non relevant cultural icon..

HIM logo

• Members

I would guess they got tagged a tramp stamp because they take so little imagination to get one. They rate right up with the taz for guys. If your trash ,, let them ink you up with flash.

Archived