Paging Jazz Ad...

Phantasm

• Members

Hey Jazzy,

When we were in Paris last year, we were driving around and you played a song for us that you said "if you're a French bass player, everyone wants to know if you can play this song." Do you remember what the song was?

I bet I've asked this before and forgot. I'm really going to itunes it this time!

• Members

Thread hi-jack. :o

Isn't Jazzy in Reims ? If in Paris, how about meeting for a coffee and a croissant or whatever the french do for a quick beer ? I'll be there for a couple of days before the Arc. Loads of meetings, but i'm there from the 1/10 and leaving on the 5th.

• Members

Orly? :D

Strange, what song could it be?

There are several must know songs, I don't know really which one it could be.

Maybe this?

_JzQ8mpgLMo

Or this?

mlqdzc0WbFY

I'm dead sure I didn't play you this one but the line slays

Bx9G5DCoivM

Just trying to find it

bQkB-WWzsbg

It must be a very obvious song but I can't find which one.

• Members

I don't think any of those were it. I am pretty sure it was either the first track or one of the first tracks on a CD, and I think it was live.

I remember now. I didn't think about it in the first place because I was looking for songs with lyrics.

Congabass by Eric Serra, from the movie Subway. Without a doubt the most (if not lone) famous slapped tuned around here.

[YOUTUBE]3WTF42N8dAw[/YOUTUBE]

• Members

No, there was a full band. I think it was live, don't remember if there were words or not. It was more a long groove, more subtle. The drums/bass sounded like a good live recording. I can hear parts of it in my head and I've been trying to find it!

Archived