The 4th Annual "What did you buy this year" thread

Phantasm

• Members

I'm pretty sure this is my 4th annual, because I posted this first in 2005 when I went nuts buying gear to try killing the pain of working on my house after Katrina.

This year I bought:

Sadowsky Metro PJ4: This thing has become my #1 bass for my cover band. It managed somehow to unseat my Lakland 4-94... for now.

GK MB2-500: 500W, 3lbs, fits in the side of the lightweight Sadowsky case. And in two moves, I cut about 60lbs. off of what I carry every night.

So this year was a slow year for me. I've actually got TONS of basses to sell! How about you guys?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Big year of change for me. Bought the Shuttle 6.0, lost the phil jones bass cabs, replaced with Genz Benz NEO212XT's. Switched over to five string, bought a Tobias Toby 5pro, Ibby 535, Epiphone erb 5'er, and a Kingston Z-4. Bought and sold a Schecter Stilletto studio elite, a Richland 5 string, and a BC Rich Heritage hummingbird neckthru.

• Members

I did not buy a single piece of music gear in 2009.

I did sell two guitars, about 10 pedals, and a {censored} load of various PA stuff. The proceeds are in a ING direct saving account waiting for...something.

Nothing on the horizon I have my eye on.

• Members

I did not buy a single piece of music gear in 2009.

I did sell two guitars, about 10 pedals, and a {censored} load of various PA stuff. The proceeds are in a ING direct saving account waiting for...something.

Nothing on the horizon I have my eye on.

I'm not sure I did either. I'd take more recording/PA gear, but I'm pretty stocked otherwise.

• Members

He he, considering I tend to buy and sell to support my habit!

Stuff I bought and sold in 2009.. (Christ I've moved a lot of gear)

67 yamaha sb5a

79 heerby ric copy

Fender mij 70ri fretless pbass (why did I sell this?!)

Fender 54ri strat

Gibson es339

Gibson sg 67ri

Gibson sg bass

Ampeg Dan Armstrong bass

Rickenbacker 4003

Rickenbacker 360

Gretsch pro jet

and stuff I still have!

ESP 'jag' bass

P-Project 'jazz' bass

Killer Simmony

De Armond starfire

1979 Greco speedway fretless

Nemesis 212 combo

so yeah, sold a bunch of really big expensive name brand stuff for a smaller bunch of unknown gear! Strange I know!

• Members

Bought and sold several basses, guitars, and amps.

I'm a "flip till I find the perfect one" kind of guy.

Perfect things from this year which will never leave:

The Fender 70's retro-clone Precision with Lindy Fralin pickup (I built it)

SJfamily003Medium.jpg

The MMP MusicMan/Precision hybrid, now tuned B-E-A-D with some DR Lo-Riders (I built it)

SJfamily004Medium.jpg

SJfamily023Medium.jpg

I also have a 1969 Sunn 200S with matching 215 cab, but I just got the head running and I need to refurb the cab... it will get it's own thread and will be added to the 2010 list.

Archived