Spector bridge question

JB Lars

• Members

I posted this over at TB, and nobody's been able/inclined to answer yet. PJ's at NAMM, and I'm the impatient sort, so I thought I'd crosspost here to see if a different set of players could possibly help me out:

I just pulled the trigger on this bad boy right here. It hasn't arrived yet, so I've been scrutinizing the listing photos. You know how it goes. Well, a close look at the bridge reveals what I think is the bridge from an OLP Spector. Which would be of no particular consequence except that it appears to be too large for the bridge cavity, and is mounted above it as a result. That seems to be a little counterproductive, at least where action is concerned.

With that in mind, would a Legend bridge like the one for sale here drop right into an NS-2A cavity? From looking at comparison shots, it appears the US/Euro bridge is beefier and would require a little routing to fit, and I'm a little hesitant to try that. Alternately, does anyone have for sale/know a source for an authentic NS-2A bridge?

• Members

OK,

1. That's not any Spector bridge that I know of on the bass you bought. It's not the "classic" Spector type.

2. That other bridge you linked to looks like a Spector NS2A (80's Japanese and Korean). The NS2A bridge is the same type design as the American NS2 and Euro4LX bridges except:

NS2A bridge is less rounded, NS2A brige is black (instead of gold) and NS2A bridge is (slightly) smaller.

I have 2 Spector Euro4LX and an 80's NS2A.

Archived