Political: Somebody Help America With The Math

Thunderbroom

• Members

I want to know why, when obama says stupid {censored} like this, someone in the audience doesn't raise their hand and be all like "hey, um...really??" Or at least one of his advisors doesn't pull him aside and say "dude that didn't make any sense."

Oh that's right. obama doesn't care what we think. :)
C7

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So even though you made 3,000 this week, and an increase of 3,000 %, you can't lose the 3,000 percent to be back at zero? Or are you just losing 100% of the 3,000 to leave you at zero. My brain hurts, and i'm going to stop now.

you can lose the 3,000 dollars, and it will be "losing" 3000 percent of your original 100 dollars. but if you're talking about the current 3000 dollars, you can only lose 100 percent of it, unless you're giving up more than you had.

as near as i can tell, the math is bull{censored}. oldivor was pretty well spot-on. as was kindness, and i wanna. you cannot reduce the current cost of something by more than 100 percent without paying someone to take it.

• Members

My math, upon hearing this today, is akin to oldivor's.

My employer pays over $10k per year for my family medical plan. Using my math, I'm figuring this:

100% of $10k is $10k. 3000% of $10k is $300k. The net difference is $290k.

Using the president's math, I stand to get a huge pay raise. Hell, I'll just split the difference with my employer. I'm not that greedy.

• Members
doesn't care what we think.
:)
C7

Hasn't as much to do with Obama as it does with the United States government/politics as we know it. I'm trying really hard to drop the left/right bull{censored}. Really, I am and I see good in both sides of the way folks think. Problems arise in the all or nothing mentality. {censored} will never get done with an attitude like that... Ever.

• Members
Hasn't as much to do with Obama as it does with the United States government/politics as we know it. I'm trying really hard to drop the left/right bull{censored}. Really, I am and I see good in both sides of the way folks think. Problems arise in the all or nothing mentality. {censored} will never get done with an attitude like that... Ever.

I agree with you, I just get nervous when you have a guy like obama, who has proven time and time again to be dishonest and incompetent, aggressively pursuing legislation that has the masses in an uproar of opposition. He seriously does not give a hot {censored} about what we think, or reality for that matter.

This legislation is disasterous and they've had to do all kinds of {censored}ed up, backroom {censored} to even get it to where it is. He needs to drop it already and move on to another corrupt piece of {censored} like Card Check or Cap and Trade so we can beat up on him over something different.:D
C7

• Members
I agree with you, I just get nervous when you have a guy like obama, who has proven time and time again to be dishonest and incompetent, aggressively pursuing legislation that has the masses in an uproar of opposition. He seriously does not give a hot {censored} about what we think, or reality for that matter.

This legislation is disasterous and they've had to do all kinds of {censored}ed up, backroom {censored} to even get it to where it is. He needs to drop it already and move on to another corrupt piece of {censored} like Card Check or Cap and Trade so we can beat up on him over something different.
:D
C7

When you combine that with a pair of retards like Pelosi and Reid holding the positions they currently do, it makes things far more serious...

- georgestrings

• Members

Then maybe you'd care to name a few??? - if there's "plenty", it shouldn't be a problem...

- georgestrings

Absolutely. One of his campaign promises was to send more troops to Afghanistan. On Feb 17th, 2009 he issued orders to send two more brigades.

I could list more, but it would be easier to just direct you here.

I don't support most of his programs, but in general, he is working towards fulfilling a lot of his campaign promises.

• Members
this bad math is just another reason not to trust the those pushing (?shoving?) this crazy health reform legislation.

bad maths? You mean like insuring and extra 60 million people at no extrra cost and in theory getting 1/2 the money from the biggest major medical program already run by the government and taxing only the evil rich for the rest? That kind of bad maths?

Change. Healthcare needs to be fixed! Pass President Obama's plan.

Equivilent

My car's transmission is shot! It has to be fixed! Implement my plan to fix it!
Unfortunately, My plan is to shoot it with a bazooka. It's a plan...it's aimed at the problem, it just isn't going to help the actual problem vey much. :D

• Members

The smartest President in our history.

Is it his fault that you guys are too dumb to understand him?

I guess I have to spell it out for you. :facepalm:

If you take 100, and reduce by 1%, you get 99. If you take that, and reduce it by 1%, you get 98.01. If you take that, and reduce it by 1%, you get 97.03. Repeat 2997 times.

:idea:

• Members

Holy mother of Christ that is the most expensive insurance rate I've seen through an employer!!!

6,000 for 3 employees at the previous place I worked. I paid nothing. It's about 2,000 per person. And it was only getting higher year by year.

For us under hubbie's policy, we were paying 225 per pay period, so 450 a month. But if we switched to HMO, it'd be free for us.

Archived