Random Scale Generator.

ToeJamFootball

• Members

I thought this was a good tool. It would be awesome if it had modes included. Does anyone know of one that does?

Cheers!

Since modes are subsets of scales, and the program generates a random scale,

you would have to derive the modes from that random scale yourself.

So have it generate a random scale, and then play around with the modes yourself.

For example: generate the random scale, then instead of playing the scale from the root to the "ocatave" (whatever the hell that is in a random scale), play the scale starting and ending on a different degree.

Oh - I just tried it: it just randomly picks based on the selections, and isn't really trying to create a new scale. Meh.

• Members

Since modes are subsets of scales, and the program generates a random scale,

you would have to derive the modes from that random scale yourself.

So have it generate a random scale, and then play around with the modes yourself.

For example: generate the random scale, then instead of playing the scale from the root to the "ocatave" (whatever the hell that is in a random scale), play the scale starting and ending on a different degree.

Oh - I just tried it: it just randomly picks based on the selections, and isn't really trying to create a new scale. Meh.

I just selected them all, and then on the next page hit refresh, it then generates another one.

Good point on the modes :facepalm: It would be nice if it said, play G Dorian etc....

:thu:

• 4 years later...
  • Members

I've been working on a scale generator too!

It is not customizable yet, but I am currently working on that! It was made for wind instruments (thus the articulation patterns), but can work fine for bass or guitar players too. It would be greatly appreciated that you guys give me some feedback on it.

I think the best feature about my scale generator is that once the page is loaded, you don't need internet anymore (no page refresh required) and it is mobile device friendly!

I hope this will help out!

http://reseaumusicart.com/RandomScale.php

Archived