Friday Night's Gig...

guitarmook

• Members

Invited a couple of telecaster-playing brothers to come out and play down on 6th Street Friday...

John Beland (of the Flying Burrito Brothers, etc) opened the show doing a few songs, just himself and a beautiful custom Guild...

DSCF0227.jpg

Then my band, Caliche Dust did a set, and it went over very well... had a brand new drummer, and he rushed a couple things, but we stuck all the landings.

CDustBW.jpg

We invited John Beland to get up and play on our last song, and when he started, I thought I was in trouble... but he was nice, and didn't humiliate me too much... here's me smiling through the pain...

DSCF0241.jpg

10 City Run from San Antonio was next, and were great - very deep twangy country roots in this band...

DSCF0250.jpg

and Johnny Isaacs has the stage presence thang down cold...

DSCF0264.jpg

John Beland got up and played with them, too...

DSCF0268.jpg

The bar loved us, I had steaming piles of fun, and we're gonna do it again someday soon...

• Members

Originally posted by Mr. Botch

6th Street, would that be Austin you're playing? Man, I'd love to live there, always have a great time when I visit!

Austin, Indeed!

It's a good town in many ways, it's annoying in a few ways, too... but I'm pretty settled here... I like it (except that it's gonna be over 100 all week - oh well - It's Texas, It's August, and It's Hot...)

• Members

That is the inimitable Goldtop Flying Telecaster...

I found an Alvarez telecaster in my favorite finish - goldtop(!!) and didn't really like the maple neck... so I had a local guy build me a fender-scale neck that looks like a vee... 3-piece maple, w/ a rosewood fretboard, and an ebony cap on the headstock. I just put a Gibson decal on a piece of pickguard for the trussrod cover, and had a local custom chopper shop do some pinstriping... Duncan antiquity bridge pickup, Rio Grande Muy Grandes neck and middle, and a pair of Gibson knobs...

Turns out it's a really good SOUNDING guitar, too...:D

postal3.jpg

• Members

Originally posted by guitarmook

That is the inimitable Goldtop Flying Telecaster...

I found an Alvarez telecaster in my favorite finish - goldtop(!!) and didn't really like the maple neck... so I had a local guy build me a fender-scale neck that looks like a vee... 3-piece maple, w/ a rosewood fretboard, and an ebony cap on the headstock. I just put a Gibson decal on a piece of pickguard for the trussrod cover, and had a local custom chopper shop do some pinstriping... Duncan antiquity bridge pickup, Rio Grande Muy Grandes neck and middle, and a pair of Gibson knobs...

Turns out it's a really good SOUNDING guitar, too...
:D

Outstanding!

:cool:

Quite the conversation piece.

:)

Archived