CD review... good or bad?

Deeprig9

• Members

I can't complain.

Sorry I haven't checked in for a while, some good reasons I assure you.

Either way... as some of you remember... I was asking lots of questions about production and recording and marketing etc... we finally got our CD out, Friday was our release and a good time was had by all.

Anyway... to the point, this was our first review...

This album hobbled its way into my life like a lost and wounded canine, and, underdog lover that I am, I took it into my hEARt for a little t.l.c. When the impressions from our initial meeting wore off, I was surprised to find an enthusiastic creature, behaving much like others of its species have in the past. The breed:

• Members

Sounds like bad another Hunter Thompson impersonator unsuccessfully flailing for some bit of cleverness and desperately seeking relevance. The guy sounds like he really doesn't know his stuff. But there are some gems you can pull out and use for promo which is the whole point (IMO) in getting reviews.

Here's what I'd use as impact statements.

"As an album,Young Lovers is ...a nice group of impeccably polished and entertaining tunes...many good songs...the group moves so seamlessly through the sounds of so many influential groups from Rancid to Heart to Bowie to Megadeth to Of Montreal. A good potential concert or gift. "

- The Flagpole

• Members

I think that Tony Floyd guy is an idiot quite frankly and he doesn't really seem to know what he's talking about at all. I just gave a listen to some of the tunes on your myspace and...my verdict is: you guys rock. Great sound, great production, great vocals, lots of energy, I love it:)

• Members

This is a short review I received from a very limited run of a 4 song demo:

CD: Just four songs

Artist: Jason Bess

The CD caught my eye because I like very simple covers with the artist featured. I like to know what the person I am listening to looks like. After listening to it I wanted to hear more. Unfortunately this CD only has 4 songs but it has inspired me to look for more of his work. His music is very relaxing and happy. It isn

Archived