Who's been on the road? List where you've played.

• Members

Did the touring cover circuit from 94-97 in the southeast. Easily the best time of my life. Can't remember the names of all the places (I'm sure I'm missing a few too) cause that was a good while ago... and I drank alot then. But this should give you an idea. Some of these places we played numerous times, others just once.

Alabama:

Dothan - The Hanger

Scottsboro - Hurricanes

Florida:

Key West - Durty Harry's

Ft Walton - Cherokees

Panama City - La Vela

Georgia:

Atlanta - MacGruder's

Valdosta - ?

Marietta - Jimmy Mac's

Columbia - Rockmeyers

Indiana:

Indianapolis - The Back Door

Kentucky:

Louisville - Toy Tiger

Paducah - ?

Owensboro - ?

Michighan:

Holland - Back Door

Kalamazoo - ?

Mississippi:

Jackson - the Dock

North Carolina:

Fayetteville - The Flaming Mug

Jacksonville - Planet Rock

Goldsboro - Seymour Johnson Airforce Base

Greensboro - Cathouse

Raleigh - Longbranch

Roanoke Rapids - ?

Ohio:

Dayton - ?

South Carolina:

Charleston - Hammerjax

Columbia - Wizards

Myrtle Beach - Rockburger & Bangers

Tennessee:

Chattanooga - Yesterdays

Johnson City - ?

Virginia:

Petersburg - The Coppermine

Roanoke - Scooch's

Salem - Cheers

Lynchburg - Gatsby's

Martinsville - ?

Lexington - Frat gig

West Virginia:

Charleston - ?

Wisconsin:

Janesville - ?

If you played the Back Door in Holland, then the Kalamazoo club was probably Pepper's. I played both of those places, along with others in Muskegon, Jackson, Grand Rapids, and Battle Creek.

Good times.

• Members

If you played the Back Door in Holland, then the Kalamazoo club was probably Pepper's. I played both of those places, along with others in Muskegon, Jackson, Grand Rapids, and Battle Creek.

Good times.

Kalamazoo may have been bayview gardens out on gull lake or wayside west near WMU

The names have changed on alot of the meat markets in town

• Members

Kalamazoo may have been bayview gardens out on gull lake or wayside west near WMU

The names have changed on alot of the meat markets in town

When I was there in '95 or so, we were told that Pepper's was the only "real" rock bar in town, but of course we were told that by the people that were there. :blah:

• Members

When I was there in '95 or so, we were told that Pepper's was the only "real" rock bar in town, but of course we were told that by the people that were there.
:blah:

I remember it ,, I never have been in it ,, I didnt move to kzoo till like 91 or so. It prolly was a downtown club that went through several name changes over the years. I did audition a guitar player a couple years ago that played somewhere down there. He was talking about how he made a suit out of bubble wrap and played . eeeeeeeeeek

Was it an orignal music type place?

• Members

I remember it ,, I never have been in it ,, I didnt move to kzoo till like 91 or so. It prolly was a downtown club that went through several name changes over the years. I did audition a guitar player a couple years ago that played somewhere down there. He was talking about how he made a suit out of bubble wrap and played . eeeeeeeeeek

Was it an orignal music type place?

No...we were a cover band. We did have a full-length CD of originals though, and we sprinkled them throughout the 4 sets. I don't remember specifically, but most of the places we played were a Tuesday thru Saturday deal. That was probably the case there, too. I know a bunch of road bands played there, because I hooked up with a girl that had a "boyfriend" in each band. I don't think she'd have done that with local bands. Well, then again...

• Members

Good times.

Peppers... that was it. We only played there once - and I barely remember that trip, cause our arrival night was my b-day. I ended up hanging out with the band that was there - Thin Ice... left the club in a "highly" Cheech n Chongish state.

Which band we're you in?

• Members

Peppers... that was it. We only played there once - and I barely remember that trip, cause our arrival night was my b-day. I ended up hanging out with the band that was there - Thin Ice... left the club in a "highly" Cheech n Chongish state.

Which band we're you in?

We were called Josephine's Quarantine, or JQ. When I first joined the band we were called Johnny Quest. When we decided to start writing our own music, as opposed to playing exclusively covers, we did the name change, but kept the JQ initials so we could still be identified by our fans.

• Members

I sorta recall a Johnny Quest. We didn't go up north much, so I'm not as familiar with the bands on that circuit.

We were based out of Lincoln Nebraska, and we would use booking agents in different areas. We toured the Pacific Northwest (Idaho, Oregon, Washington) and then the Midwest (Colorado, Nebraska, South Dakota, North Dakota, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Michigan, Illinois) and even did a brief jaunt to the Southeast, where we played North and South Carolina.

By the time we were touring across the country, we were known as Josephine's Quarantine. The Johnny Quest stuff was mainly when we were regional around Nebraska.

• Members

Did the touring cover circuit from 94-97 in the southeast. Easily the best time of my life. Can't remember the names of all the places (I'm sure I'm missing a few too) cause that was a good while ago... and I drank alot then. But this should give you an idea. Some of these places we played numerous times, others just once.

Alabama:

Dothan - The Hanger

Scottsboro - Hurricanes

Florida:

Key West - Durty Harry's

Ft Walton - Cherokees

Panama City - La Vela

Georgia:

Atlanta - MacGruder's

Valdosta - ?

Marietta - Jimmy Mac's

Columbia - Rockmeyers

Indiana:

Indianapolis - The Back Door

Kentucky:

Louisville - Toy Tiger

Paducah - ?

Owensboro - ?

Michighan:

Holland - Back Door

Kalamazoo - ?

Mississippi:

Jackson - the Dock

North Carolina:

Fayetteville - The Flaming Mug

Jacksonville - Planet Rock

Goldsboro - Seymour Johnson Airforce Base

Greensboro - Cathouse

Raleigh - Longbranch

Roanoke Rapids - ?

Ohio:

Dayton - ?

South Carolina:

Charleston - Hammerjax

Columbia - Wizards

Myrtle Beach - Rockburger & Bangers

Tennessee:

Chattanooga - Yesterdays

Johnson City - ?

Virginia:

Petersburg - The Coppermine

Roanoke - Scooch's

Salem - Cheers

Lynchburg - Gatsby's

Martinsville - ?

Lexington - Frat gig

West Virginia:

Charleston - ?

Wisconsin:

Janesville - ?

I remember Hammerjax in Charleston, SC. At one time it was called Illusions. For awhile there were at least two bars inside the building. One of the bars was the Golden Banana. They had male strippers. The last time I drove by that building, three or four years ago, it was a church.

Archived