Listen to Random Coil!

• Members

Hy, we are Random Coil, that's a video of our last performance please tell me what you think about our playing, and please rate this video, beacuse we're trying to win a competition, so we need al lot of ratings.

Thank you!

Edited by RandomCoil

• Members

Well, to be honest, the audio quality in that video is pretty awful. It all sounds like a garbled mess. From what I can hear, the music itself is okay, but your singer can't sing very well. But you guys look young, and I'm sure you have plenty of time to improve. So there you go.

• Members

singer is terrible. Music was slightly interesting at first, but the sound quality is so bad it's too hard to listen to, so I just quit after a few seconds.

The guitar tones are not helping at all, they sounds super scooped and gained out, but again, hard to tell through the muddy haze of cel phone mic quality.

I'd like to hear a better recording so i can actually hear the song.

• Members

Well, to be honest, the audio quality in that video is pretty awful. It all sounds like a garbled mess. From what I can hear, the music itself is okay, but your singer can't sing very well. But you guys look young, and I'm sure you have plenty of time to improve. So there you go.

This +1

• Members

OP - It's awful.

You need to really listen to what your band is doing and if you can't hear what's wrong, then all hope is lost regardless.... just the fact that you not only uploaded this to youtube, but actually enrolled in some contest tells me that you have no idea just how awful you are. I don't know which person you are in the video, but I could point out at least 5 points of necessary improvement on each member, starting with musicianship being the number 1 issue equally needing attention from all of you.

Work out the kinks - get it together, get a better recording, and get back to us. It will take time and dedication, but ask yourself this:

Knowing it could take a year or more to get this band capable of doing high quality gigs, with countless hours of practicing and rehearsals each and ever week, do you have what it takes to follow through and take control of the situation and make it better? Do you have enough of an ear to hear what's wrong? Can you learn from other bands what does and doesn't work (at shows, not on the interwebz) ??

It takes dedication and work to make a solid gig-worthy band, and it takes a lot of patience and compassion, and compromise to keep a working band together. It's not easy, and it's not all fairy tales. It's 90% work for 10% reward. If you find the reward is more than 10%, you are either doing something wrong, or you are a blockbuster platinum artist and wouldn't need my lousy opinion.

This was not meant to be incendiary or mean, just openly, and brutally honest. I wish you the best of luck.

• Members

In my best Bill Walton voice: That was horrrrible!

Here's everyone's favorite awful band:

ukjnrXTTvPY

and here they are about a decade later:

LUCWlQtkzWY

Notice how awful they still are? And they'd blow you guys right off the stage which should tell you how far you guys have to go. I'm sure that you printed out pics from the phone for your parents to stick on their refrigerators and can maybe even get the adoration of the girls in your peer group but don't expect accolades around here when you're making me (and probably others) throw up in their mouth.

• Members

Yes the vid has been done by a mobile phone...so the quality is really bad...

Then why on God's green earth put it up for other people to hear? It's like a carpenter who builds a house that's falling down and asking other builders to critique it.

If you really want honest criticism, put up some decent recordings so guys here can constructively help you. I won't cap on you because you're young and I admire your willingness to get in the game and ask others what they think. Just give them something to work with.

Consider this one of your first lessons in the music biz!:cool::thu:

• Members

Notice how awful they still are? And they'd blow you guys right off the stage which should tell you how far you guys have to go. I'm sure that you printed out pics from the phone for your parents to stick on their refrigerators and can maybe even get the adoration of the girls in your peer group but don't expect accolades around here when you're making me (and probably others) throw up in their mouth.

oh my god. :facepalm::facepalm:

• Members

I love Complete. The OP's video doesn't come close to being as legendary as Complete. There is just something awesome about Hoogie Boogie Land that is missing from the OP's vid.

To OP: Please practice more and shoot a decent quality vid, THEN upload it.

Oh BTW, if you post more first and get into discussions and THEN post a "look at my band" thread it won't be treated as spam.

• Members

Wow. Just wow. I've never seen that. It actually makes me feel good about my band. lol.

• 5 months later...
  • Members

Some months are passed since the previous video: we have worked a lot to improve our music. The last concert a friend of us flimed some songs, so i'd like to hear some opinions from you, rapporting to the previous video...

thanh you all :thu::thu:

( in this first video skip to 3.15, because before there is only a man talking about us)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5TE1JOOImg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF1hlH_ivVg&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KScFXPwguL0&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvNm4m9EYIc&feature=channel

• Members

Some months are passed since the previous video: we have worked a lot to improve our music. The last concert a friend of us flimed some songs, so i'd like to hear some opinions from you, rapporting to the previous video...

thanh you all
:thu:
:thu:

( in this first video skip to 3.15, because before there is only a man talking about us)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5TE1JOOImg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF1hlH_ivVg&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KScFXPwguL0&feature=channel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvNm4m9EYIc&feature=channel

Dude, since you're 16 and a little ignorant of forum etiquette, I'm gonna hook you up with a lesson and then an honest critique.

First for your lesson: This forum is a community. I'm a newbee - only tripped across this forum a couple of weeks ago. But I make an effort to check in every day and see if there's something I can add to the conversation. Everyone here has a unique point of view, and by having a large number of people participate on a regular basis, we all are able to gain from the collective wisdom of the group as a whole. One of the benefits of being a regular contributor to the forum is that you get the benefit of bouncing ideas off of musicians all across the country. (For example, you get to have people critique your band) However, to make your first post "Look at my video" and then to have your only other post be - "OK, we've practiced, so look at my new video" is - let's just say bad etiquette (I'm being nice). You need to contribute to the forum before you can expect people to help you. Truth is you could be the reincarnate of John Lennon and your still going to get a rough critique if your first post is "Look at my video"

So, if you want to get honest and constructive opinions from the members here, become a contributing member first.

OK - done with my lecture. As for your music, I agree with the post that criticized your drummer. I'm a guitarist and singer in a 3-piece band and the truth is that I am the least important member of the band. Think of music like building a house (especially rock and roll). The drums are the absolute bedrock foundation. If that ain't solid, everything you put on top of it is screwed.

So... Get your drummer and bass player to practice together and get that groove solid. Hope that helps.

• Members

Dude, since you're 16 and a little ignorant of forum etiquette, I'm gonna hook you up with a lesson and then an honest critique.

First for your lesson: This forum is a community. I'm a newbee - only tripped across this forum a couple of weeks ago. But I make an effort to check in every day and see if there's something I can add to the conversation. Everyone here has a unique point of view, and by having a large number of people participate on a regular basis, we all are able to gain from the collective wisdom of the group as a whole. One of the benefits of being a regular contributor to the forum is that you get the benefit of bouncing ideas off of musicians all across the country. (For example, you get to have people critique your band) However, to make your first post "Look at my video" and then to have your only other post be - "OK, we've practiced, so look at my new video" is - let's just say bad etiquette (I'm being nice). You need to contribute to the forum before you can expect people to help you. Truth is you could be the reincarnate of John Lennon and your still going to get a rough critique if your first post is "Look at my video"

So, if you want to get honest and constructive opinions from the members here, become a contributing member first.

OK - done with my lecture. As for your music, I agree with the post that criticized your drummer. I'm a guitarist and singer in a 3-piece band and the truth is that I am the least important member of the band. Think of music like building a house (especially rock and roll). The drums are the absolute bedrock foundation. If that ain't solid, everything you put on top of it is screwed.

So... Get your drummer and bass player to practice together and get that groove solid. Hope that helps.

You're right.. i know...but i'm from italy...and my english is not really good...so i always read the posts on this forum...but i never write...becuse i dont think i have a so much good knowledge of the language to reply topics...many times i don't undestand proper the meaning of other's replies becuase many of you use some strange form of languages...that are non like a scolastic english...but maybe i will try to partcecipate much more...

but on't complain if i post bad things :rolleyes: