Driving many miles this weekend..

• Members

I would LOVE to do Ireland on a motorcycle. A long as I could remember to drive on the wrong....er, I mean,
proper
side of the road!

I've done Northern Ireland and some of the Republic on a bicycle. It's great fun.

I'd love to get round the area your photos are from, such a range of scenery would be great. It also looks like it's just open for miles, is that right. Over here it's too small and everything's fenced off unless you're in the mountains.

• Members

I've done Northern Ireland and some of the Republic on a bicycle. It's great fun.

I'd love to get round the area your photos are from, such a range of scenery would be great. It also looks like it's just open for miles, is that right. Over here it's too small and everything's fenced off unless you're in the mountains.

There are areas here in the west where you can drive for 120 miles between gas stations.

• Members

Nice, I'm going to have to get over sometime. I love the outdoors and camping and all that stuff. It comes a close second to making things louder. :)

120 miles between gas (it's actually petrol:thu:) stations is crazy, it must feel like real wilderness. The White Bird Hill looks like a view from the Mourne Mountains that has been stretched to look bigger. Although the Mourne's are nice, you don't get that sense of isolation unless you go out in winter when there's no one about.

If you ever do go on your motorbike tour give me a shout and you can see some Irish talent first hand :)

Archived