How to deal with an "enemy" band...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i could probably mess with them quite bad, ie could warn people about the guitarist's rape allegations (multiple) but i'm trying to be a better person, not a 14 year old, slagging people off behind their backs.

or, i could say nothing and let this sick feeling that they're trying to turn people against me continue. my life is better now, i'm in a far better position financially/relationship wise/home wise than they are so should i just stop letting these losers get to me?

man moving on from something like this is hard. any advice appreciated.

Yeah, moving on from something like that is hard, but you have the right idea about "be a better person." Just suck it up and ignore the whole thing.

But don't be afraid to express your feelings in your own way, when nobody's looking. Write some good angry songs about it! Throw a tantrum in private if you must, or perhaps with your sympathetic bassist. By all means, give yourself permission to feel the way you do - your feelings are legitimate and hard to deal with, and acknowledging that will help you move on eventually. Just don't do it in the form of revenge.

• Members

i wasn't trying to and haven't been an asshole...i asked for help and got called 14, so i don't know what to make of that. i apologise if we misunderstood one another.

The help you need is inside of you.

Be a man - move on - stop talking about this band, stop obsessing over this band, and move on.

• Members
Of course I read the OP.

As for it being a natural assumption, what bearing did their age have on the topic at hand?

None.

Your need to shift the focus to the OP's age is nothing more than a lame attempt at invalidating any question asked, or opinion expressed by the OP as that of someone too young to have anything of value to contribute.

This {censored} happens every single day on every single internet site where interaction between people is possible.

Reasons? Could be anything from feeling the need to consider yourself

superior to another, to just being a grumpy asshole. Only you know the answer to that one.

:wave:

What band are you in?

I need to decide if you're my enemy or not.

Please post some of your songs so I can better decide.

KThxBye

• Members

.....or, i could say nothing and let this sick feeling that they're trying to turn people against me continue. my life is better now, i'm in a far better position financially/relationship wise/home wise than they are so should i just stop letting these losers get to me?.....

Are they losers because you had creative differences, or because they have dark secrets, or because of something else? I'm kinda lost here...

• Members
Why the creative differences? Why was hate spewed? What caused them to do this?

Do you think that might have upset them?

Equal choices, take the higher ground, or slag them?!? What dark secrets?
:confused:

Are they losers because you had creative differences, or because they have dark secrets, or because of something else? I'm kinda lost here...

When I hear people talk about creative difference ,,, I tend to think they all are losers, because most of them are not that creative. For sure I am painting with a wide brush.. but hey at least i dont have the roller out.

• Members
Yeah, if Jesus would have just gotten some guns, we'd all have been better off.
;)
:poke:
:wave:

Cool dropping off the "be honest" and "take responsibility" parts of the quote, i.e.,

Rebelwoapplause
wrote: You can't badmouth people, but you can be honest. You don't seek out opportunities to tell your story, but you do tell it when asked, with understanding and accepting any responsibility for matters you caused.

I get the repartee, :poke:, feel the poke in my ribs and laugh at myself, and see that photo as kinda funny. But, this is also a serious matter. And, thus, we wouldn't want to convey what some seem to imply, that Jesus did what (reports say) he did to avoid people gossiping about him, and to avoid people thinking he was a trouble-maker. :facepalm:

Certainly, J turned the other cheek. But, He also overturned the tables of the usurious moneylenders, told the rich to go and sell all that they own and give the proceeds to the poor, and defended prostitutes and other dregs of society with his words and deeds. All those acts of honor led to some amount of gossiping (and, some would say, his eventual execution).

As I noted--you can judge a person by their friends, and you can judge them by their enemies. This rings true EVEN if those who treat one as an enemy are in a band.

However, one should certainly avoid bad-mouthing (i.e., running around telling everyone within earshot about how "bad" someone else is (or, at least, how bad you might think someone else is)). Yet, if asked in a serious situation, honesty (and responsibility for one's own role (e.g., "stealing the bass player")) remains the best policy.

Peace!

Rebel

• Members

i do realise the concept of an "enemy band" is wholly immature, but it was the best way i could describe these people. i'll make clear that i 1. stole the bassist after all the {censored} happened and 2. all hate was spewed at me without me instigating anything...ie i was trying to be civil right up to the moment one of the gits attacked me.

anyhow, i just wanted to say thanks to the folks in this thread for giving me a little support and guidance, ie, telling me to stop obsessing and move on. the positive is that i'm far more motivated to get my band somewhere now.

X

• Members

Anybody talks trash is immidiately suspect. Most people put on BS filters and consider the source. These folks probably have a reputation for being snarky backstabbers, or at least being difficult. Let them bury themselves.

Had an ugly parting with a band member several years ago. If he chose to speak ill of me, it would have been absurdly contrary to my behavior and rep in the community. If people bring him up, I know they could be aware of the friction between us. I'll just say we used to play together. If they ask why we parted ways, I'll say "Artistic differences", and leave it at that.

• Members

Are you guys all still in high school?

Seriously... someone already offered the only advice you need - the only thing you need to say about the other band is that you wish them luck, and hope they do well. In fact, try to find something *positive* to say about them ("Yeah, they have a kick-ass drummer" or whatever)... And leave it at that.

Archived