How to deal with an "enemy" band...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i wasn't trying to and haven't been an asshole...i asked for help and got called 14, so i don't know what to make of that. i apologise if we misunderstood one another.

That's the beauty of the interwebz. EVERYONE on it has some level of delusion, and will never see their off-hand personal attack for what it is.

There's always some excuse that justifies it perfectly in their mind.

• Members

Ok, fine: the completely PC response to the OP, then...

Dear [person of unspecified gender/orientation/age/race/creed/etc.]:

The concepts presented in your query appear to be wholly lacking of maturity (specifically, the sagacity one often acquires with age).

One would easily surmise that from the content and tone of the posting that the author was under a certain age, as the concepts included therein are generally the stuff of a less-developed/experienced life-view, especially as you gave no indication that other extraneous or developmental factors may be at play in the situation.

Is that gentle enough?

No personal animosity intended; the fact is your original post came off like something a jr. high-age kid would write as they threw a tantrum. I sympathize if you are, indeed, a full-grown adult and struggle with developmental issues that cause you to rationalize like a child would.

In that case, my suggestion would be:
Ignore the 'enemy band', and figure out a way to forget the entire concept/idea of such a thing existing in the first place.

• Members
Did you read the OP?

When someone acts 14, it's a natural assumption, is it not?

And I didn't call him 14, I asked if that's how old they were. His responses seem to gravitate toward that conclusion.

Of course I read the OP.

As for it being a natural assumption, what bearing did their age have on the topic at hand?

None.

Your need to shift the focus to the OP's age is nothing more than a lame attempt at invalidating any question asked, or opinion expressed by the OP as that of someone too young to have anything of value to contribute.

This {censored} happens every single day on every single internet site where interaction between people is possible.

Reasons? Could be anything from feeling the need to consider yourself
superior to another, to just being a grumpy asshole. Only you know the answer to that one.

:wave:

• Members

I just got here, and this discussion is a bit hard to follow, especially when the OP has edited most of his/her own posts to "..."

to address some of the statements I've read towards autism in this thread - My daughter is 7 and severely autistic. Many of her "special ed" teachers and other specialized staff are among the most clueless and ineffective people in her life. Presumptions and dispositions close many minds.

• Members

Of course I read the OP.

As for it being a natural assumption, what bearing did their age have on the topic at hand?

None.

Your need to shift the focus to the OP's age is nothing more than a lame attempt at invalidating any question asked, or opinion expressed by the OP as that of someone too young to have anything of value to contribute.

This {censored} happens every single day on every single internet site where interaction between people is possible.

Reasons? Could be anything from feeling the need to consider yourself

superior to another, to just being a grumpy asshole. Only you know the answer to that one.

Yeah, you're right. The whole concept of 'enemy bands' is really a mature one.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to plot the next nefarious scheme against one of my competitors. :facepalm:

• Members
Yeah, you're right. The whole concept of 'enemy bands' is really a mature one.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to plot the next nefarious scheme against one of my competitors.
:facepalm:

It's too late, I threw salt in your volume pot. You're SCREWED BUDDY!!!!!

• Members
Now now dude, I have it on good authority y'all got your butts saved at the last minute by a hardcore urban funk band who came to get you but overheard the enemy band admit to the dastardly deed.
:cop:

That's right, it was the James Gang!

• Members
I was just trying to inject a reference to Joe Walsh into this wacky thread.

For continuity/relevance, you should have then referenced the song "In the City", and made mention of a long, slow shot panning back to show the Coney Island boardwalk...

• Members

So, i played keys for a while in a band, didn't get on creatively, but, even though i tried to be civil at all times, it ended really badly, much hate was spewed at me by the horrible members of this band (one of which was an old friend who seemed to turn on me, becoming the lap dog of the goth-chick singer)...and not once did they realise or are sorry for what they did. my psychology expert girlfriend said they were completely deluded.

so anyway, it makes me sick to think this band are still going, the only good thing really is that i stole their bassist (he realised them for what they were and we became very good friends) and now it seems they have a gig with a mutual band we're semi-good friends with...

how do you cope with this, my first thought was to warn this mutual band to not listen to any filth or lies or bull{censored} they try and spread about me or my band, but overall take the higher ground, ie not tell about the horrible things they did or their dark secrets...no slag them off as such, but warm the mutual band.

but should i really? should i just say "{censored} it" and tell the mutual band exactly what they're like? i dunno, i think a war could errupt with even more bull{censored} being thrown around, and as they're pathological liars anyway, they wouldn't admit a thing.

i could probably mess with them quite bad, ie could warn people about the guitarist's rape allegations (multiple) but i'm trying to be a better person, not a 14 year old, slagging people off behind their backs.

or, i could say nothing and let this sick feeling that they're trying to turn people against me continue. my life is better now, i'm in a far better position financially/relationship wise/home wise than they are so should i just stop letting these losers get to me?

man moving on from something like this is hard. any advice appreciated.

Truth always comes out and people's bad energy usually returns to them at some point I've found... espcially if you just let it go. Weird how it works but seems to work that way.

• Members
We were at huge local music festival once and the leader of the most popular band was introducing their next song when shots rang out and he went down.

The rest of the bands were scared and confused until one guy from my enemy band yelled, "They did it! The Warriors!"

We took off running and had to fight several enemy bands on the way. There was an all girl band and a band that dressed like baseball players.

Finally, when we got back to our practice space, we had to fight our enemy band. The lead singer of that band had three maraccas in his hand and he would shake them and call out to us.

We took 'em down, man...every last one of them and all of the other bands knew that we didn't take out the guy at the festival.

That's how you deal with an enemy band.

:lol: any of those bands looking for a singer?

Archived