SWEET!!!!!!

mstreck

• Members

Last night was our last show with our current bass player and drummer and it started out pretty rough. There were sound problems and equipment problems. However, by the end of the second set, we were in total control. Amy was on fire and the crowd was loving everything she did with them! I think that may have turned out to be one of our best performances by the end of the night. We even had a few special guests on vocals throughout the night.

After the show we were approached by a DJ for local radio station. He said "you guys are definitely the area's premiere female-fronted cover band" and wanted to know if we would be interested in playing June Jam. That's kind of a big deal around here.

So I guess we're not dead yet! :wave:

• Members

Last night was our last show with our current bass player and drummer

After the show we were approached by a DJ for local radio station. He said "you guys are definitely the area's premiere female-fronted cover band" and wanted to know if we would be interested in playing June Jam. That's kind of a big deal around here.

So I guess we're not dead yet!
:wave:

Clarify - are you losing your rhythm section? Do you have new people starting soon so you can play in June?

• Members

Classic example of one door closing and another door opening! Congrats on having the timing work out so well. Good luck with the reformulated PH.

Having gone through a few personal changes like you have - it's never ceased to amaze me how often it goes this way. It's one of the reasons that I don't view being forced to deal with changes in line-up the same way I used to.

Don't be surprised if the new version eclipses the old version!

• Members

I think Mike's gig was done with the old lineup.. the new guys haven't started as of yet.. But he has got new guys chomping at the bit to come onboard...

Nothing like leaving on a high note.. and with a few lineup and some enthusiasm you guys can ride the momentum.. :thu:

Good Stuff Mike...

• Members

:thu:
Great incentive for the new guys to get onboard and and get sh*t tight before that date.

It's also a setup for fail.

I wouldn't commit to any gig dates at this time.

Get the band tight and right, then commit.

Mike, haven't you already got a stain on the cred by tanking an agency audition gig?

You don't need any more of that, right?

Not trying to piss on the campfire - just trying to keep it real.

Good luck, and never over-commit.

• Members

I have to respectfully disagree. In my experience the band that doesn't go out until they're ready is never ready and never goes out. Set a date and everyone ups their game to get there.

Plus providing the June Jam is actually in June, then that's the best part of three months rehearsal and if the new rhythm section can't get it together in that time then something is seriously wrong.

Good luck to the OP anyway.

• Members

Mike, haven't you already got a stain on the cred by tanking an agency audition gig?

You don't need any more of that, right?

Not trying to piss on the campfire - just trying to keep it real.

Good luck, and never over-commit.

It's a different situation this time around. We found ourselves without a bass player one week out from the agency gig. This time, we have a new bass player and 7 or 8 drummers ready to step in with months to spare - many of whom have already played the majority our setlist. One drummer, in particular, comes highly recommended, has done the regional band thing, AND seems like a great "fit" personality wise - at least, so far.

I tend to piss on my own campfire, usually to avoid burning down the forest, but this time I say we'll be back gigging within a month - as strong or stronger than we have been in the past.

• Members

It's a different situation this time around. We found ourselves without a bass player one week out from the agency gig. This time, we have a new bass player and 7 or 8 drummers ready to step in with months to spare - many of whom have already played the majority our setlist. One drummer, in particular, comes highly recommended, has done the regional band thing, AND seems like a great "fit" personality wise - at least, so far.

I tend to piss on my own campfire, usually to avoid burning down the forest, but this time I say we'll be back gigging within a month - as strong or stronger than we have been in the past.

Sounds great....I've replaced multiple cogs in the past and never missed a gig. You may have to alter the set list a bit, but it's certainly do-able. It's like folks who get a sub when a member is unavailable. The main thing is that your front-people are still in place. I'm glad to hear it ended up strong and it sounds like Tom and John didn't make things too uncomfortable (I'm assuming this by no mention of anything).

• Members

Classic example of one door closing and another door opening! Congrats on having the timing work out so well. Good luck with the reformulated PH.

+1. congrats all around!!!

btw: those shirts i saw on FB are awesome!

-PJ

• Members

+1. congrats all around!!!

btw: those shirts i saw on FB are awesome!

-PJ

Thanks! We had plans on doing "pet me?" shirts for a couple of years now, but didn't get around to actually making it happen until Saturday morning.

We made 10 of them and they were gone in a matter of minutes. People kept asking for them all night - even after we announced (repeatedly) that they were all gone.

These were made from blank shirts that I bought for $3 each as a closeout last year and we bought iron on transfers for the ink jet printer. They weren't high quality, so we just gave them away. But we may have to order some to sell them at gigs.

We're also gonna try having guy shirts that say either "get petted." or "heavy petting" at the next show - maybe both. If they go over well as well as the girls' "pet me?" shirts, we'll order some to sell as well.

I'm thinking maybe should start looking for a merch girl.

Archived