Finding replacements to auditon (bass)

• Members

Okay here's the thing we're a decently popular local hard rock/metal band. We've been together for 2 years, play around the state, radio play, press, etc, etc, etc.

Our bass player got engaged moved away in NOVEMBER! We've been searching our asses off for a bass player. Putting posts in forums (there's a local musician one here that's popular) pin ups in music stores, I work at a music instrument store so anytime a decent bass player comes in I gauge their interest and give them the schpiel.

So far, we have had 1 guy audition, he was supposed to go tonight, apparently got in a car wreck, has to wait til next week, cool nbd. But if he doesn't work out then that'll be 5 full months of searching and nothing.

Is there some way about going getting other musicians to play in your band that we're just not seeing?

It's coming to the point where we're thinking about having our rhythm guitarist switch to bass and just getting a new guitarist (easier to find I guess) but that's our last resort.

Any other ideas/methods?

• Members

Listened to your stuff, gotta be honest with you, this kind of music is dreadful for a bass player, they are pretty much locked into playing 8th note drone stuff following a wankish guitar or 2 around. Pretty dull. On the plus side you could get a octave pedal for you guitars and just drop it an octave feed it clean into the board and you got yerself bass.

Archived