Todays gig could be interesting

• Members

My band is playing a wedding today about 50 miles from home. The gig was booked last year and since then the main singer/guitarist wife got pregnant. She was due last week.:eek: If she goes into labor he is not playing. We hired our old drummer who also sings,plays guitar and fiddle as a insurance policy. We may be playing a bunch of songs that our new drummer doesn't know and the rest of us havn't played in over a year.:facepalm: The bride and groom are friends of the guy who might not make it so they were OK with him maybe not being there. The plan now is for us to take 2 vehicles and if his wife calls he will be out the door heading back home. It could be a fun gig if we play with the whole band and the old drummer or stressful if the guitarist has to leave. So far no call saying he can't make it.:thu:

• Members

Along with playing multiple instruments (like your old drummer), I think it's handy to know how to deliver babies. I delivered one (unexpectedly) & it's not so tough. Just be sure the umbilical isn't wrapped around the neck, check station & dilation, watch for placental rupture, and ba-da-bing! You can have her pop that thing out between sets, if you time it right! (remember to wash your hands before & after- it's a messy affair) ;)

Maybe my resume should say, "Vocals, guitar, sax & flute, keyboards, labor & delivery."

• Members

I think it's handy to know how to deliver babies. I delivered one (unexpectedly) & it's not so tough. Just be sure the umbilical isn't wrapped around the neck, check station & dilation, watch for placental rupture, and ba-da-bing!

I've always enjoyed making 'em ... but I have no intention of delivering the damn things!

• Members

Yeah inside job, it rained early but cleared off a couple of hours before sunset. No baby yet although the guitar players wife texted him an hour before we were to quit playing saying she was having contractions 4 minutes apart.:eek: But when she laid down they were 10 minutes apart. I am guessing they will have the baby by memorial day.

• Members

Yeah inside job, it rained early but cleared off a couple of hours before sunset. No baby yet although the guitar players wife texted him an hour before we were to quit playing saying she was having contractions 4 minutes apart.
:eek:
But when she laid down they were 10 minutes apart. I am guessing they will have the baby by memorial day.

:thu:

Archived