Changing Band Name

• Members

For years we've gone with a name that indicates we're a blues band, and we started out with that intention but have evolved into a rock band playing Petty, Skynyrd, Clapton, SRV, Allmans, ZZ .....

So now it's time to change names so as not to dissuade patrons from coming thinking they're only going to hear blues music.

Would like your opinions on the following names please - -

The Invaders ** this is my fav

Last Nerve or this one

The Peeping Toms

No Limit

Thunder

The Mixers

The Rainmakers

Point Blank

Hot Shots

Thx for your help ! Other suggestions ? ?

• Members

I like Last Nerve but think it would not go over well for the styles of music you are playing. Of the other choices I would go with The Invaders.

I would keep on brainstorming. so far the invaders seems to be in the lead , but i think it really sounds like a dated name. Reason? Lets just say I played in a band called the avengers well over 40 years ago.

Where are you located? near anything interesting from a geograhpical point of view?

• Members

I would keep on brainstorming. so far the invaders seems to be in the lead , but i think it really sounds like a dated name. Reason? Lets just say I played in a band called the avengers well over 40 years ago.

Judging from the artists being covered, dated isn't a bad thing.......

• Members

Would like your opinions on the following names please - -

The Invaders ** this is my fav

Last Nerve or this one

The Peeping Toms

No Limit

Thunder

The Mixers

The Rainmakers

Point Blank

Hot Shots

Thx for your help ! Other suggestions ? ?

My favorites are the last two.

I once was in a band called "Midnight Thunder". Someone pointed out to me that it sounds like a bad case of flatulence.

The Peeping Toms just sounds kind of creepy.

• Members

I might agree - but I still think the OP can do better. Maybe retro rather than dated.

Neon Thundercats

Full Blown

Axe to Grind

The Steel Toes

The Burning Riffs

• Members

Its a mid 60s type name.....Way too dated from my point of view and not that good a name. I hated that band name the avengers,, but it was the name of the band when I joined it.

I really want to know more about what part of the country this band is going to be playing. I think its key to naming a band. I assume its in NC but what part of NC would be the first question i would want to know the answer too. Location is everything when it comes to naming a band.

• Members

To me "Point Blank" sounds the most like the name a classic rock band would have, although I would be willing to bet nearly anything that that name has been used many many times before. However, it won't matter as long as nobody has used that name in your area for a while. Just curious, but what name have you been using? I would question the wisdom of changing it at all if your following is used to the name and has still been supporting you all along as your song list has changed.

• Members

All the good names are taken it seems, unless you go for something more 'out there'. If you choose a more common name, just google it to make sure that no other bands are using the name in your same region so there's no real confusion. If you're the only "No Limit" in California while there's a couple of other bands with the same name in Ohio and Florida, it shouldn't be an issue.

• Members

Rainmakers is taken, a great band from the land of the 80's.

Point Blank is still touring. They've been around since the 70s. And I kinda remember a reggae band recording under the name Invaders back in the day.

Archived