MF backorder

mstreck

• Members

I ordered a 4x12 slant cab last month. The product was noted as to be available yesterday. Now it's on backorder until May 30th.

Is this common? I was hoping to get that cab before the end of the month.

Thanks!

Mike

• Members

That happened to me once with an Ibanez RG. When I finally got it, the damn thing was damaged. Sent it back and the next one had a twisted neck. I've order lots of stuff from them and that is the only problem that I have ever had.

• Members

I had a Roland AX synth on backorder for three months with AMS. The dates kept slipping. I eventually ordered through Sweetwater which forced me to combine payments from 5 to three. But Sweetwater had it in stock. Yes it's common... especially with stuff just announced at NAMM.

• Members

I had a Roland AX synth on backorder for three months with AMS. The dates kept slipping. I eventually ordered through Sweetwater which forced me to combine payments from 5 to three. But Sweetwater had it in stock. Yes it's common... especially with stuff just announced at NAMM.

Grant, question... if I was looking for an entry level keyboard what would you recommend? It will only be used at home as I am nowhere near competent enough to play it out. It will just be used to fool around at home to work on singing and possibly for recording.

I saw a Roland D-50 on Craiglist for $100, but by the time I contacted them it was gone. Is there anything like this I can get for $300 or so? I'd like it to do acoustic/electric piano, organ, synth type stuff... I realize with my price range the sounds will be limited. Anything you'd recommend.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

• Members

I'm on back order too but I was waiting for a 15-20% off deal to come by so when this last one did the amp I wanted just went on back order but it's an upgrade so I'll get by. Supposed to ship on the 9th of June. I would've went somewhere with my money but I charged it on the MF Platinum card so 0% interest if I pay it off in 11 & a half months.

• Members

Grant, question... if I was looking for an entry level keyboard what would you recommend? It will only be used at home as I am nowhere near competent enough to play it out. It will just be used to fool around at home to work on singing and possibly for recording.

I saw a Roland D-50 on Craiglist for $100, but by the time I contacted them it was gone. Is there anything like this I can get for $300 or so? I'd like it to do acoustic/electric piano, organ, synth type stuff... I realize with my price range the sounds will be limited. Anything you'd recommend.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

Plenty of stuff available under $500. Depends on what sounds you what and what capability you are looking for. New/used. Personally I always buy used gear... it knocks the depreciation right off the bat. PM me and I'll give some suggestions.

• Members

A couple of years ago I ordered a distortion box from Musicians Friend. It was out of stock, but they said it would be in shortly. Long story short--as the months went by MF kept hinting that it wasn't going to come...with postcards and emails. After a year I just had them apply the money paid for that effect to something else. They were incredibly helpful about everything though. And the fact that they never got the effect was not their fault.

• Members

The Roland AX Synth has been giving me some pretty major GAS lately. How do you like yours? Did you go the wireless route? Are you happy with it?

I like it... no make that love it. However keep in mind this is helping me downsize my rig. We're keeping the keys player who subbed for me and we're splitting parts, and I'm going to be more of a utility player (guitar, keys and some percussion). So I'll just drag this and a Triton out... instead of 2-3 additional boards. I played this last week for the first time and out of the box it's simple and easy to use. Don't buy it for the sounds. For the soundset I give it a C+. As a controller a B+. I wrote a pretty sizable review here:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2614977

Haven't done the wireless thing... though I may try that out, although I'll probably keep it midi'd for most of the show to control the vocoder. It's light as hell though. I wore it all 3 sets and it was as light as a feather! :thu:

• Members

As far as I know, this is SoP for MF. I've never ordered from them just based on rants I've read here.

Someone suggested Samedaymusic.com to me, I've ordered from them 3 times and the service-avilability-ship time was exceptional every time. A lot of people also seem to like sweetwater, although I've never used them, I'd give them a shot just because the overall response from people is good.

Which brings us back to MF.. just say no. Or "refund mah money" :)

Good luck

• Members

As far as I know, this is SoP for MF. I've never ordered from them just based on rants I've read here.

I disagree, I've ordered several things from them without a hitch - truthfully I make all my "large purchases" here locally, but for stuff like cables, etc. they tend to be so much cheaper and I've had no negative experiences. YMMV

• Members

My experience with MF has been hit or miss enough to the point I do not order from them anymore. The majority of my online orders go to Sweetwater if they carry the item I am looking for. I have ordered a lot from them over the past 5 years and only had one problem. A box got damaged during shipment and the accessory pack was missing. One call and that day they took the accessory pack from another item in their warehouse and shipped it out instead of making me wait for a replacement from the manufacturer. I have built a good relationship with my sales guy. He took $75 off the Fender American Standard Strat I just bought without me even asking.

truthfully I make all my "large purchases" here locally

Truthfully I would like to do this but the nearest local shop for me of any quality is 2 hours away.

• Members

I've had postive experiences with AMS, ZZounds, MF and Sweetwater. I usually order from AMS (which I recommend in your case Mike) because they ship from NJ and packages arrive here in NY the very next day UPS ground. ZZounds is the same. Both have earned my business because they offer 3-5 month flexible pay schedules. It offers me the opportunity to finance a piece of gear 3-5 months interest free on whatever payment choice I CHOOSE. MF offers a credit card (Blah!) and ships from the west coast which takes a good 4-5 days to reach me.

I will say that the recent purchase from Sweetwater made me a fan. We negotiated on price and he threw in a few extras. Service was excellent. I felt like I was calling room service. They have built a reputation on excellent and knowlegeble staff and I belive that. Certainly on my radar for my next purchase.

• Members

Can we talk about your sig? You going back to a half stack?

dk

In my fantasy world, everyone would be ampless and using IEMs. Unfortunately, we're not there yet. Honestly, it's been too difficult to hear myself in the monitors, especially with our last bassist. At every show that I've played with the X3, there has been some point where I just couldn't hear myself unless I stepped in front of FOH. With an amp on stage, I can just stand closer to my amp if I want to hear myself better. I've tried playing with my Power Engine 60, my Cybertwin and my Hot Rod Deluxe and none of them do the trick - but my Peavey Ultra Plus half-stack does. I keep the master on 3 to 4 and that's enough for me to hear it without blasting anyone out. And the half-stack just "looks" better to me on stage, especially when our lead guy has a Marshall half-stack on the other side of the stage.

So, I'll either use the X3 1) direct to the PA when necessary (small stages and such), or 2) as a stompbox into my mic'ed Peavey Ultra Plus, or 3) both. At least I have options.

On a side note, I enjoy playing through my Peavey Ultra Plus more than any other amp that I own. I especially love the tones I can get with the crunch channel and an EQ pedal. It's very motivating for me and I'll play around for hours with that thing.

• Members

In my fantasy world, everyone would be ampless and using IEMs. Unfortunately, we're not there yet. Honestly, it's been too difficult to hear myself in the monitors, especially with our last bassist. At every show that I've played with the X3, there has been some point where I just couldn't hear myself unless I stepped in front of FOH. With an amp on stage, I can just stand closer to my amp if I want to hear myself better. I've tried playing with my Power Engine 60, my Cybertwin and my Hot Rod Deluxe and none of them do the trick - but my Peavey Ultra Plus half-stack does. I keep the master on 3 to 4 and that's enough for me to hear it without blasting anyone out. And the half-stack just "looks" better to me on stage, especially when our lead guy has a Marshall half-stack on the other side of the stage.

So, I'll either use the X3 1) direct to the PA when necessary (small stages and such), or 2) as a stompbox into my mic'ed Peavey Ultra Plus, or 3) both. At least I have options.

On a side note, I enjoy playing through my Peavey Ultra Plus more than any other amp that I own. I especially love the tones I can get with the crunch channel and an EQ pedal. It's very motivating for me and I'll play around for hours with that thing.

Options are always good.

Peavey Ultra is a pretty good utility amp. I've played through 5150's, XXX's and an Ultra and for sub-$1000 all three were terrific and road worthy. Our lead guitarist just scored a great deal on a Dual Rec, and we both agree he's either going to love it or hate it (he is a tone purist). For me I just never got into 4x12 cab's. The best cabinet I've ever owned was a Genz Benz G-Flex 2x12. Since I always had an amp case I would just stack the cab on the amp head. It really cut through the noise onstage without screaming into the crowd. I've since sold it to our lead guitarist and he loves it.

Archived