Do you think club owners complain about

• Members

I couldn't agree more; blues just bores me to tears after two or three songs.

I can handle a 45 min set of blues ,,, after that I am ready for something else. It always came with a front man change so it worked for the crowd. They love earl the pearl fronting on bass guitar,,,,and Homer on harp That set came with the regular bass player sliding over to rhythm guitar ,, a front man change and adding a harp player so it was almost like getting a different band. If we didnt make the lineup change ,, i agree 3 songs might be pushing it.

We would make the switch on the fly without ever shutting the band down. Fire up gimme some lovin by spencer davis ,, then switch to the Earl into.... where the front man host, would get the crowd chanting EARL , EARL EARL. Then Earl would come up and the bass player would unplug and earl would plug up and take over the mic and introduce himself and homer,,.... in the mean time the front man would pass his rhythm guitar to the bass player and then we would finish up the song... and go into the blues set. What is wild was that this deal was never planned ,, it just happened one night... and it flew like a skyrocket. This is a fun ass jam night gig ,, because mike knew now to really work a crowd ,, and Earl was a first class front man with lots of juice, that did the blues set every show ,,,, It helps if you can really fire off the set with people all revved up.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I couldn't agree more; blues just bores me to tears after two or three songs.

Three chord southern rock-style guitar band blues . . . . yes, but there are so many other different schools. If somebody does a blues band thread, I'll see if I can cook up a good set list.

• Members

Three chord southern rock-style guitar band blues . . . . yes, but there are so many other different schools. If somebody does a blues band thread, I'll see if I can cook up a good set list.

I dunno man, something about that music. Blues.

It depresses me!

• Members

Maybe some day you will be in a band that actually plays on a stage.:poke:

Mr personality strikes again lol. Its no wonder you have to work two freeking jobs to make ends meet. I do play with some pretty good guys. Major label deals , songs in the top 20. Its a free gig ,, omg. the shame of it all. Get over it guy. Your running around doing a snipe job on my posts makes you look like a loser. You need to up your swag guy ,,, what you are doing aint workin for ya.

• Members
Mr personality strikes again lol. Its no wonder you have to work two freeking jobs to make ends meet. I do play with some pretty good guys. Major label deals , songs in the top 20. Its a free gig ,, omg. the shame of it all. Get over it guy. Your running around doing a snipe job on my posts makes you look like a loser. You need to up your swag guy ,,, what you are doing aint workin for ya.

Well I made around $12000.00 playing music last year which is more than you wannabe ass made in your entire musical career. I'm sure your worth every penny that you get paid. WTF do you know about dealing with club owners. Must be all those years of playing music in bars.:wave:

• Members
Well I made around $12000.00 playing music last year which is more than you wannabe ass made in your entire musical career. I'm sure your worth every penny that you get paid. WTF do you know about dealing with club owners. Must be all those years of playing music in bars.
:wave:

Wow a whole 12 grand ,,, you would have been better off with a part time job at mickie Ds. I made ok money as a kid playing music. If you adjusted it for inflation ,, I was making about what you do now, only doing 25 gigs a year. The fact that I just do music for grins these days has nothing to do with anything. I play with a bunch of old guys who did quite well with rock and roll back in the day. It works for me. Like I have told you before ,, you worry way too much about what the other guy does. I play with some great players who have some major resume's in rock,,,and enjoy doing exactly what I am doing. Its a fun thing ,,, when you aint worried about starving to death. Trust me I paid my dues on the two jobs ,, the long hours and the bustin ass in my career and getting to the point where I could do it as a full time job ,,, to know how hard it is to make it work. You really need to get off your high horse boy ,, because if you look between your legs all that's there is a pony.

I have been hanging around a resort town for good number of years and know pretty well all the club owners. the three things I listed that bugs them about bands came from reliable sources. They prolly tell me more than they tell the bands.

• Members
Wow a whole 12 grand ,,, you would have been better off with a part time job at mickie Ds. I made ok money as a kid playing music. If you adjusted it for inflation ,, I was making about what you do now, only doing 25 gigs a year. The fact that I just do music for grins these days has nothing to do with anything. I play with a bunch of old guys who did quite well with rock and roll back in the day. It works for me. Like I have told you before ,, you worry way too much about what the other guy does. I play with some great players who have some major resume's in rock,,,and enjoy doing exactly what I am doing. Its a fun thing ,,, when you aint worried about starving to death. Trust me I paid my dues on the two jobs ,, the long hours and the bustin ass in my career and getting to the point where I could do it as a full time job ,,, to know how hard it is to make it work. You really need to get off your high horse boy ,, because if you look between your legs all that's there is a pony.

I have been hanging around a resort town for good number of years and know pretty well all the club owners. the three things I listed that bugs them about bands came from reliable sources. They prolly tell me more than they tell the bands.

That $12000.00 was for about 30 nights of playing. It must really suck knowing that the best band you will ever be in was in high school.:lol: Oh, and when i look between my legs I see a pair of balls which is what it takes to get paid maybe you should try and grow a set.

• Members
That $12000.00 was for about 30 nights of playing. It must really suck knowing that the best band you will ever be in was in high school.
:lol:
Oh, and when i look between my legs I see a pair of balls which is what it takes to get paid maybe you should try and grow a set.

What ever there part time ,,,, As long as I am happy with what I am doing musically thats really all that counts. You dont really sound all that happy with the music thing. Now that must really suck. Face it for some guys music is basically just an activity they do for the enjoyment of doing it. There will always be guys like me out there playing and there will always be guys like you bitching and pissing and moaning about it.

You will have that. 400 bucks a night is good money ...for a bass player. You need to take those balls and figure out a way to do it 5 nights a week. Then you can be a real pro instead of a wanna be. But i guess that is just a nut you have never learned or had the ability to crack.

• Members
My only issue with rhat is the ",,," thing

COMMAS DON'T DO THAT

:p

Just hold the key down...........................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,//////////////////''''''''''''''''''''''''''::::::::::::: way too much fun

• Members
Just hold the key down...........................,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,//////////////////''''''''''''''''''''''''''::::::::::::: way too much fun

Yea, what is up with that anyway? I have never seen anybody type (or write for that matter) that way.

It's As Strange As People That Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word.

• Members

Yea, what is up with that anyway? I have never seen anybody type (or write for that matter) that way.

It's As Strange As People That Capitalize The First Letter Of Every Word.

Its a habit from an old word processing program that used to wipe out things when you tried to edit them. They are space holders to make edits easy. I type really freekin fast and its just a habit that stuck. On here i do zero spell checks ,, and never bother to clean things up ,, so you get a lot of .......... Its a bad habit ,, but oh well lol.

• Members

What ever there part time ,,,, As long as I am happy with what I am doing musically thats really all that counts. You dont really sound all that happy with the music thing. Now that must really suck. Face it for some guys music is basically just an activity they do for the enjoyment of doing it. There will always be guys like me out there playing and there will always be guys like you bitching and pissing and moaning about it.

You will have that. 400 bucks a night is good money ...for a bass player. You need to take those balls and figure out a way to do it 5 nights a week. Then you can be a real pro instead of a wanna be. But i guess that is just a nut you have never learned or had the ability to crack.

Wannabe, I did play fulltime when I was young from about 19-24.

Archived