OT- Someone need to lose their job in the graphics department at Berhinger!

• Members

I thought this was a bit funny. Not sure if you see the same image in the same way that I do. I was scanning some budget active mains for rehearsal and came across this image on a Berhinger Eurolive speaker

48088.jpg

At a quick glance it looks like the grill is dented.

Now I've never used the Eurolive speakers and I've owned a few decent Berhingher products, but the fact that an active 12" loudspeaker boasting 600 watts of power retailing at $299 from a company with a history of cutting corners and questionable reliablity.... I just thought this pic was drowning in irony. :D:facepalm:

• Members

I thought this was a bit funny. Not sure if you see the same image in the same way that I do. I was scanning some budget active mains for rehearsal and came across this image on a Berhinger Eurolive speaker

48088.jpg

At a quick glance it looks like the grill is dented.

Now I've never used the Eurolive speakers and I've owned a few decent Berhingher products, but the fact that an active 12" loudspeaker boasting 600 watts of power retailing at $299 from a company with a history of cutting corners and questionable reliablity.... I just thought this pic was drowning in irony.
:D:facepalm:

The words decent and behringer should never be used together in the same sentence.:facepalm:

• Members

If they sent them out actually dented you'd have a better representation of the kind of quality you're actually buying when you first see it.

If I had photoshop on this computer there would be a pic here of a doorstopwith a Behringer logo on it.

• Members

I own a B412DSP, and I am pretty sure the grilles are molded in the middle. So it looks dented cause it is in a sense.

Pretty loud and clear actually. I bought it used a year or so ago, and it is great for our practice space. Plug a Mic in the back and instant vocals. Saves setting the Yorkville system up. Even used it as a monitor a time or 2. No complaints here.

well it weighs a ton, only complaint. Haha

• Members
I own a B412DSP, and I am pretty sure the grilles are molded in the middle. So it looks dented cause it is in a sense.

They do that to make the grill stronger - I have a pair myself and that's exactly how they look but it does go all the way across and is symmetrical (hard to see from the angle they photographed it at).

• Members

Took a look at it it practice this afternoon.... Yup like that on purpose. It flows with the speaker, and actually makes id harder to dent.

Got some Behringer Mics in (the 3 pack) and tried them our today. Our vocalist either uses a Shure Beta 57 or a Line 6 X2 wireless, but these sounded pretty decent as well. Great set of backups.

• Members

They do that to make the grill stronger - I have a pair myself and that's exactly how they look but it does go all the way across and is symmetrical (hard to see from the angle they photographed it at).

Probably a good idea. I've got a pair of JBL PRX-518S subs. They are just light enough and the handles are just in the right place that I can pick one up and carry it myself if I grab it from the front. But then I always dent the grill and have to find some small tool to pull it back out again.

(Happens much less now that I bought the covers for them.)

Archived