"Need you tonight" by INXS?

• Members

Great band and a great song. It really depends on your crowd. For us it would fall flat. We tried 'New Sensation' a few years ago and it really went nowhere. As a mashup it may work.

I think "New Sensation" isn't as iconic. That guitar chord hook is instantly recognizable. We'll try it on the 18th and I'll let you know how it goes.

and "Don't Change" is an amazing song.

• Members

Never done that one but "What You Need" has worked for us for a long time (although not as much as it did a few years back) as does Never Tear Us Apart.

We did "New Sensation" for a couple of gigs, but we just didn't groove on it like I wanted to. But I'm thinking of bringing it back.

• Members

I would love to do don't change but we don't think our crowd would get it.

we did New Sensation for a few years in the beginning of the band and it worked pretty well. We brought it back last year and it fell flat. It seems our crowd changed in the last few years.... hmmm.

as far as need you tonight with sexy back... do it! I think you guys can make it work well!

• Members

I used to do "Never Tear Us Apart" with JSAC.. and I still do it acoustic, but it doesn't really have a good energy for the band.

That said.. I would think most cover bands could do "Need You Tonight" and make it work. It's got a good dance groove, and it's recognizable.

We're considering adding "Devil Inside", as that seems to be a popular song, and it would give us something people know that not every other band in the area plays. We'll see.

But back to your question, I think Need You Tonight would work great.. and I think a mash up with Sexyback would flow very well.

• Members

New Sensation went over very well and Devil Inside too. I always loved this band, great frontman and great catalogue of songs. On a personal note The Stairs is my all-time fav but would not go over in a bar.

The Stairs. Love that song. :love:

• Members

Just remembered we used to do Beautiful Girl back in 2002. It bombed like I knew it would.

We also used to do Pretty Vegas a few years back when it was new. It went over well for a time. I don't want to bring it back- ever, just sayin'

Devil inside would be interesting. Does it work? do people remember it? I remember a lot of cover bands doing it in the 80s but did it stand the test of time?

Archived