touring mexico in november...

• Members

Probably depends on where you are going.

I've been there a couple of times, once in the 80s, which was an excellent trip, and another time, more recently, which wasn't as nice.

Honestly? ...I wouldn't even vacation in Mexico, anymore, much less bring my livelyhood with me. Drug cartel wars with the police and military, long stretches of desolate highways that banditos love to frequent where they set up ambushes, disguised as traffic accidents.

But these are the worst-case scenarios. The odds of something happening to you are probably slim, but you might want to shoot an email to Gus Lozada, HC's resident asesor mexicano, and ask a lot of questions.

• Members

It depends on where you are. As a So Cal musician I occasionally do shows across the border. I wont stay there though. My contracts require a driver pickup on the American side that takes us straight to the venue. Then, the driver takes us right back after the show. I havnt had problems this way but I dont step foot outside the clubs in Tijuana, Ensenada or Mexicali. Central Mexico is probably a whole different situation.

• Members

Probably depends on where you are going.

I've been there a couple of times, once in the 80s, which was an excellent trip, and another time, more recently, which wasn't as nice.

Honestly? ...I wouldn't even vacation in Mexico, anymore, much less bring my livelyhood with me. Drug cartel wars with the police and military, long stretches of desolate highways that banditos love to frequent where they set up ambushes, disguised as traffic accidents.

But these are the worst-case scenarios. The odds of something happening to you are probably slim, but you might want to shoot an email to Gus Lozada, HC's resident
asesor mexicano
, and ask a lot of questions

I go across the border all the time. I stay on the main drag. I walk across. I do it in the daytime. I get done what I need to get done and walk back, You can buy perscription drugs over the counter in mexico. I go over there to buy my scrips,,, and I will go there to the dentist. I get my hair cut there. I really dont feel that its risky, but then I tend to stack the deck in my favor and dont get stupid about it. They do have limited access HYWs that are safe ,, off the beaten path ,, hmm might be real risky these days. Our guitar player has a place in mexico on the beach. , they drive down all the time and still do. Both speak spanish.

• Members

If you're that concerned why not pick up a cheap squire or something that you won't have to worry about getting damaged, lost or stolen.

Not to assume that all people from Mexico are bad people but you did say you were concerned about the area you were travelling in.

p.s. have fun:thu:

Archived