Band's demo, fancy a listen?

halbeth

• Members

Not a bad recording for a demo. I really dig the music ... I can definitely hear the Muse influencing going on.

For me the only weak spot is the singer. He's just not very strong vocally, and off key a lot. Perhaps with practice he'll improve. But the rest of the band is sounding good to me. :thu:

• Members

Hey, nice way to ask , all fancy and stuff :lol:

Drums and bass are a little "off" when they come in, can't tell which one or if it's both though..

Interesting use of the whammy pedal.

vocals are really bad, have to agree. If he has charisma and can run a crowd, just toss him on a pitch corrector (like every famous vocalist does now)

cool clean guitars on the verses, like the use of the reverb and delays

I think it's the bass, lots of stop starts, he's just a lil fumbly on the timing.. needs to practice with a metronome more...drummer prob does too, but not as noticeable.

Lead guitar (solo) is really good, not "over the top shred", very controlled and appropriate :thu:

Ending a little off, try going out with a bang or something, the fall-off-the -edge doesn't fit

Good luck!

• Members

Cheers for the feedback guys, glad to see it's largely positive =]

We aint as happy as we'd like to be with the vocal take and'll possibly have another shot at it at somepoint, but it does grow on you.

• Members

Hey, nice way to ask , all fancy and stuff
:lol:
Ending a little off, try going out with a bang or something, the fall-off-the -edge doesn't fit

Live we end with a massive drum solo/guitar solo general insanity followed by massive roaring power chord out with a bang type thing. We just thought that was a bit too OTT for the record >

• Members

I think it sounds pretty good!!!

You know I'm in the same situation here.

It's been a while since I've posted anything,

but like you, our demo of covers,which we agreed we would

do before tackling our own songs later,is now finished

we were only in the studio for only one day.

I may have used a tad bit too much wah...

But we are very happy with the new lead vocalist we have found...

if you guys wanna give a listen and tell me what you think...

www.myspace.com/meenmystyrmuztard

thanks!

Archived