Most Ridiculous Ambition Thread

Tubefox

• Members

I just saw the movie "Bigger, Stronger, Faster". The older brother reminded me of a delusional musician. If you see the movie you will know what I am talking about. I actually think the movie could apply to musicians just as much as athletes....... It's a side effect of being American.

In a similar vein I just watched the movie "The Wrestler" and was thinking how much that could easily apply to washed-up musicians who don't know when or how to give up the rock-star dream.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In a similar vein I just watched the movie "The Wrestler" and was thinking how much that could easily apply to washed-up musicians who don't know when or how to give up the rock-star dream.

I saw that movie, too. I can see the comparison. The difference with Bigger, Stronger, Faster was that it was real people who really believed it.

• Members

I saw that movie, too. I can see the comparison. The difference with Bigger, Stronger, Faster was that it was real people who really believed it.

I'll have to see that one. My wife would probably really like it too. She used to be a fitness model and knew a lot of people who were body-builder types who just got really carried away with the obsession to be big. It becomes an addiction.

• Members

Speaking of...... for my ridiculous ambition, can I go on record saying that I intend to do the naughty with Evan Rachel Wood.

I have taken your request down in the "rediculous ambition journal"

Expect a receipt in your email shortly.

• Members
I just figure they could airlift most of it (you can airlift an Abrams, I think you could airlift pieces of a drill rig) and then fail over to trucks if you need to do so. Just seems weird to me is all, but what do I know, I'm just some dude posting on HC at 12:40am.
:cool:

Saw a breakdown on some of that once,
it's something like 6-8 times more expensive by C-130 Hercules depending.
And if you have to have redundancy like trucks, well then you've got equipment that idled (that's costs without earnings).
If you go without redundancy you've run the risk of idling your operation which means your hemorrhaging money.

The military and operations like McMurdo dont have to operate the same way as a biz

Archived