What is your favorite cover song for a 3 piece??? or 3 piece song in gen???

• Members

I am the guitarist and vox in a 3 piece band (not a cover band) were super young but we cover artists from Sublime, RHCP, STP to SOAD & RATM, even SRV. I have some favs but I'd like to know what all of yours are..

..What is the most fun to preform :rawk:, most entertaining :D, most enjoyed by the crowd :love:, or even hardest cover song just for 3 pieces :eek:??

• Members

Look up power trio and decide what erra

Chevelle is a newer prower trio that I like

Greenday

Blink 182

Motor Head

James Gang

ZZ-Top

Triumph

Rush

Police

Cream

Hendrix

Grand Funk

is afew I can think of right now but some of them for me are way outdated

• Members

..What is the most fun to preform
:rawk:

Van Halen - Panama

most entertaining
:D

A ZZ Top medley. Pick any 5 tunes and have at it.

most enjoyed by the crowd
:love:

Pick one of: "What I Like About You", "You Shook Me All Night Long", or "Highway to Hell"

, or even hardest cover song just for 3 pieces
:eek:
??

Rush - YYZ. The power trio stuff is quite doable - adding the pedal synth work is where it gets tricky.

• Members

IMO, it is often times an advantage from a standpoint of the live sound, to only have a single guitarist, even when covering songs with multiple guitarists. Many of the nuances that two guitarists provide on a recording are often times lost live. This is especially true in smaller clubs with sub-par sound equipment, crappy sound guys, etc.

With all that being said, we basically operate as a trio and cover tons of two guitar stuff. GnR is fun for me, butthere are very few times where I feel that a single guitarist can't do a two guitar song justice. It just takes some skill and a little creativity.

Archived