Just thought I'd show off my beautiful gear =]

halbeth

• Members

Not the best quality photo I know

39170_10150230505585627_549120626_140412

What does everyone think of the Blackstar HT Venue series? I think it's fantastic for any price range, and it's pretty damn inexpensive too, for an amp of its quality. Only cost me

• Members

EH

For the same amount of coin, you can build your own JTM 45 clone.

Pedalboard looks alright, but it's nothing special.

Get some real tone shapers on there like a maxon 808....My guitarist has a butt ton of killer analog pedals, including a few with mods. The ones he doesn't bring to the gig outnumber your board by 10 to 1 easy.

• Members

There's Wade... always the life of the party.

:lol:

I guess I'm spoiled.

Our guitarist has money to burn. In his basement he has repro's of Fender Bassman, JTM 45, Plexi's, etc.

I just don't see the BlackStar as being a good value when there are point-to-point kits out there in the same price range that will get you a SuperLead, Plexi or whatever you want...

I sure hope you never get into counseling or wind up working for a suicide hotline...
:D

Definitely use a 40 cal though - clean and relatively painless. A .32 might bounce off your head. :evil:

• Members

Nice setup, but I HATE Morley pedals. I have use a volume pedal since 1977, and my old Morley I used for about 10 years. But I ride the volume constantly, so it put a pretty good crink in my back and hips. Too high off the floor. I bought an Ernie Ball one where the heel goes all the way to the floor, and have been much more comfortable. I'm on my second one of those- the first one lasted 21 years.

• Members

Uh.... I can't claim to be much of a gear junkie. I play the same Tele Plus I've had for 20 years, the same Fender Blues Deluxe I've had for 15 and two main pedals: a Jekyl and Hyde distortion and a Fender Flanger that I got for $15 on Craigslist.

I'm to stupid to figure the rest of that crap out :D

• Members

Nice setup, but I HATE Morley pedals. I have use a volume pedal since 1977, and my old Morley I used for about 10 years. But I ride the volume constantly, so it put a pretty good crink in my back and hips. Too high off the floor. I bought an Ernie Ball one where the heel goes all the way to the floor, and have been much more comfortable. I'm on my second one of those- the first one lasted 21 years.

I like my Bad Horsie, mainly because it is switchless. That's a must-have for me.

• Members

That old Morley got sold on ebay a few years ago, for a nice sum, when I got the Li'l Alligator which has a nice, low profile.

The old chrome one was a VCO model - volume/compressor.

Never used the compressor because it was rather noisy, like an older E-H kind of sound. Apparently, it is rather rare, so I figured I'd auction it.

• Members

I have owned the Blackstar HT Stage 60 for about a month now and have been quite satisfied with it. I'll run my 80's Japanese Parts telecaster and my effects through the effects loop on that one, and sometimes run an old Space Echo straight through to warm up the sound a little bit.

Then I have a Marshall JTM combo I play my St Blues Mississippi Bluesmaster through with no effects, cant beat the natural tone of that amp and that guitar as far as Im concerned.

Then I have a 2000 Gibson ES-135 LE I like to tinker around on now and then. All I need now is a nice Fender Twin and I will be very very happy. (And a camera so I can show you guys this stuff)

• Members

I don't know much about Blackstar amps but it looks great. What kind of gigs do you play?

At the moment, just bar gigs and stuff, we're a relatively new band and paid gigs in the U.K. for unheard-of originals bands are rare.

It's an awesome amp, I fell in love with it the minute I heard it.

In response to needing some tone shapers: this setup gives me the exact tone I've wanted and have been searching for for years, I'm in love with it, I don't think I need anything else for a while >

• Members

I like my Bad Horsie, mainly because it is switchless. That's a must-have for me.

I use the Tremonti wah because its switchless and to my ears, it has more noticeable sweep than the bad horsies. But I like the sound of a crybaby, if only they made a switchless... or a vox one yowza!

• Members

I use the wah for like 3 songs during the night so I can't justify shelling out any more money on one. If this one broke, I would most likely not replace a wah on my board.

i say that now, while we don't do any songs that feature a wah sound.

a talkbox on the other hand, that'd be awesome!

Archived