It's time to spam you folks! New album from my band. Have a listen if ya like...

BATCAT

• Members

Don't take this the wrong way AS, but the songwriting is a few steps above the production and engineering. I guess that's a bit of a back-handed compliment, but I'm listening to the songs, thinking "my god if this was only recorded and engineered by someone like XXX and mastered by someone like YYY, it could have been ZZZ"..

Really great songs, fwiw :thu:

• Moderators

Thanks to everyone for the listens and the feedback! :wave:

Totally dig it!

Kind of OT.... I am generally an iTunes person but if you make more by the physical purchase let me know and I will buy it that way.

Thanks for that, but it's probably about the same. It shouldn't be too long before its in iTunes and I'll mos def bump this thread

• Moderators

Don't take this the wrong way AS, but the songwriting is a few steps above the production and engineering. I guess that's a bit of a back-handed compliment, but I'm listening to the songs, thinking "my god if this was only recorded and engineered by someone like XXX and mastered by someone like YYY, it could have been ZZZ"..

Really great songs, fwiw
:thu:

I'm flattered you like the songs and I appreciate the candid feedback on the production. I'm surprised you said that, though, as we did it with a locally very well-respected producer and did it in a studio with pretty solid gear, one he's very used to no less.

So I'd definitely be interested in hearing more about where the production of sound quality falls short. Fresh ears are good! And mine are anything but, having listed to it ad nauseum.

Archived