Is the writing on the wall??

Yer Blues

• Members

I see what you guys are saying. One of the guys in the duo is one of the guys who has a set minimum, so it wouldn't make sense to join the duo or even bring it up. It would be like suggesting an additional member to the full band when money is already an issue.

The guys were pretty firm on their stance when we discussed the issue earlier. It will be worth mentioning at the next gig.

Thanks for the different perspectives. I don't see the situation changing, so perhaps it maybe time to look for something additional. I am enjoying a resurgence in writing and recording in the last month though... part of the reason is the extra free time on the weekends.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

To be honest, the band sounds like it's coasting along. It's not asking much of you, the setlists are stagnant, and gigs are few. But gigs are fun and low overhead.

So you'd be stupid to not get a project together to fill in the gaps if that's what you're looking for.

In my opinion. :)

Hey - look at it like this: you're not happy with the goals and direction of your band but it is stress free and other people are booking the gigs.

So - get your ass involved in some other musical work or band: one that has members that are more inline with your work ethic. I feel ya on the no promo, no banner, no nothing approach. That's nowhere for me as well.

My current band is very low key - but we have a banner, a website, a printed promo pack. Within the next 2 to 3 weeks we will also have a studio-quality live demo. The banner was like 60 bucks - the studio time will be 100 bucks, the website is about 60 bucks a year. Just sayin' - it doesn't have to be "all or nothing" or this big deal, to do promotion.

• Members

Found out tonight the city weeknight concert series is being canceled due to budget cuts. There I was humbly hauling the gear for $50 and now even that's gone. They did the concerts on the beach for forty years. We got interviewed by the Miami Herald newspaper and they took some pictures. I feel like I played the last game at the old Yankee Stadium or something.

• Members

To be honest, the band sounds like it's coasting along. It's not asking much of you, the setlists are stagnant, and gigs are few. But gigs are fun and low overhead.

So you'd be stupid to not get a project together to fill in the gaps if that's what you're looking for.

In my opinion.
:)

Hey - look at it like this: you're not happy with the goals and direction of your band but it is stress free and other people are booking the gigs.

So - get your ass involved in some other musical work or band: one that has members that are more inline with your work ethic. I feel ya on the no promo, no banner, no nothing approach. That's nowhere for me as well.

My current band is very low key - but we have a banner, a website, a printed promo pack. Within the next 2 to 3 weeks we will also have a studio-quality live demo. The banner was like 60 bucks - the studio time will be 100 bucks, the website is about 60 bucks a year. Just sayin' - it doesn't have to be "all or nothing" or this big deal, to do promotion.

At this point, that's exactly how I feel. Plus, they are a great group of musicians and it is fun to play with them.

A buddy called me last night about joining basically a garage band with these other guys he knows. I said I am down to playing together from time to time, but really not interested in making it a scheduled thing. They are nice guys, but they won't be playing out.... it is more of a drink beer and hang out thing.

I guess it's time to hit the pavement and get back out there looking for something to fill the gaps. Hopefully I can find some like minded individuals.

Archived