Bass player not shot but robbed.

Dancebass

• Members

Well, interestingly enough considering the robbery thread the other day, my drummer and I were robbed at gunpoint by three guys Saturday night!

F*cking scumbags! Everyone keeps telling me how grateful they are we didn't get shot and I understand that. I'm happy not to have a bullet in me also. Grateful? I'm having a really hard time being grateful about being jacked by subhuman f*cktards though, any way you slice it.

Luckily it had nothing to do with the band, we weren't playing so no gear was involved. We were hanging out with a band from out of town and taking them out after their show.

Having a hard time dealing with how pissed off I am though. Just want some payback. Anyway, I guess things are getting pretty rough out there. Keep it in mind.

• Members

Yea man, I know. I use to go the range pretty often and I'm real familiar with what it's like when someone fires a pistol. That's some {censored} I never want to be on the wrong side of. I want no part of catching a bullet. That's why they got my {censored} I suppose.

F*cking burning up though. It looks like they robbed half the town over the weekend though so the detective working the case is very serious. That's a first! With any luck he'll get my payback for me.

• Members

{censored}...just saw this thread...so if I'm late....but {censored}, that sucks. Glad you aren't hurt, but {censored},,,,,,:evil: I'm pissed and it didn't happen to me......

I had my apt robbed once when I was living in Chicago, and it {censored}ed with me for a while. It's like your mad, then mad and paranoid (which is not a good combination), then just paranoid, then hopelessness sets in, then cynicism, then eventually enough time passes and you get back to normal. At least that is what happened to me.

• Members

Thanks man. I went into the GBI headquarters on Wednesday and got a sketch drawn up. These {censored}s robbed half the town over the weekend it seems. At least that's helping get attention from the police.

One of the cops in the precinct recognized the face from the sketch and pulled a file on a guy they think might be him. I have to go back in Sunday morning and go through a photo line-up.

They took my wallet and they have my ID with my address on it. I'm a little hesitant to co-operate out of fear for my wife at home when I'm on the road. Currently I intend to continue though. I can't just do nothing ya know??

• Members

Well, interestingly enough considering the robbery thread the other day, my drummer and I were robbed at gunpoint by three guys Saturday night!

F*cking scumbags! Everyone keeps telling me how grateful they are we didn't get shot and I understand that. I'm happy not to have a bullet in me also. Grateful? I'm having a really hard time being grateful about being jacked by subhuman f*cktards though, any way you slice it.

Luckily it had nothing to do with the band, we weren't playing so no gear was involved. We were hanging out with a band from out of town and taking them out after their show.

Having a hard time dealing with how pissed off I am though. Just want some payback. Anyway, I guess things are getting pretty rough out there. Keep it in mind.

What was your situation? Could you relate to how it happened?

I find that having an almost paranoid situational awareness is necessary these days and you always need to be aware who's around you in all directions. I developed this early hanging out in NYC when I was a kid and it's served me well getting out of some seriously bad sitations my entire life. Then I trained further in the Army. I would love to hear exactly how this happened though. Keep in mind, NO ONE can prevent everything from happening and sometimes people get the drop on you so don't be too hard on yourself. With some new habits you can minimize this ever happening again though we can never prevent. Thank God you and your bandmate are OK!

• Members

What was your situation? Could you relate to how it happened?

Let my guard down and got caught slippin. I was hanging out with a band from out of town. After their show they wanted to go to a well known club here in town that was close to their venue. I agreed to go and have them follow me with the van.

I was thinking about crime but my mind was focused on helping them find a safe parking spot for the gear. I found a safe spot for them and had them pull into it with the van. I left my wife with them to show them were the entrance to the club was located.

I drove a little further up the street and parked. They had set a trap and I parked in it. My drummer parked next to me and we got out and headed toward the club. Ten steps from the car they had us surrounded with guns on us. No game.

• Members

That's my delima. It seems like they would ditch it because it's not very valuable to them. Still, I worry about putting my wife into any danger.

Find out if you SSN was on your DL. In Tennessee you can choose for it to be on or not. If they have your SSN, address, and DLN you are a candidate for identity theft. Contact your credit cards, bank, and mobile co. That's usually where they go first. Alerts can help alot. It is about the only thing you can do. While it is only somewhat effective, if you get a hit, and they alert you, that's a good thing cuz you can stop it.

But as far as worrying that they will now go to your residence, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Chances are they have what they want, and your house isn't anything special to them, unless your Ted Turner or something. It is easier for them to just go on to the next mark, yaknow?

just sux, dude.....

• Members

Find out if you SSN was on your DL. In Tennessee you can choose for it to be on or not. If they have your SSN, address, and DLN you are a candidate for identity theft. Contact your credit cards, bank, and mobile co. That's usually where they go first. Alerts can help alot. It is about the only thing you can do. While it is only somewhat effective, if you get a hit, and they alert you, that's a good thing cuz you can stop it.

But as far as worrying that they will now go to your residence, I wouldn't worry too much about it. Chances are they have what they want, and your house isn't anything special to them, unless your Ted Turner or something. It is easier for them to just go on to the next mark, yaknow?

just sux, dude.....

This is kind of the way I see it as well. Luckily no SS# on my license and my job allows me to place a fraud warning alert on my own credit reports. Ha! I actually got lucky at something.

Still. I want them dead.

• Members

Man, that's a bummer. Doesn't sound like you could have done much in that situation. Was this in a bad part of town? I know ATL can be rough. We're going to have to all start traveling with our own armed security I'm afraid.

To be honest, it's a part of town where you should know better than to let your guard down. Unfortunately I am a happy drinker and get all fun-lovin and {censored}!

• Members

Let my guard down and got caught slippin. I was hanging out with a band from out of town. After their show they wanted to go to a well known club here in town that was close to their venue. I agreed to go and have them follow me with the van.

I was thinking about crime but my mind was focused on helping them find a safe parking spot for the gear. I found a safe spot for them and had them pull into it with the van. I left my wife with them to show them were the entrance to the club was located.

I drove a little further up the street and parked. They had set a trap and I parked in it. My drummer parked next to me and we got out and headed toward the club. Ten steps from the car they had us surrounded with guns on us. No game.

Wait, this band you were hanging with are the ones that set you up?

• Members

Generally these guys will take cash and dump the wallet without looking at any IDs. They aren't pros and they don't want to be caught with any evidence. Don't worry too much about your wife. That kind of grab is very common and I guarantee they didn't keep your IDs.

This scenario is one of the reasons my son and I are both Tae Kwon Do Blackbelts. Probably wouldn't have helped in that situation but it does make us a little more at ease when we are in an escalating situation. We have to be careful since there really is a fine line between defending yourself and causing un-needed injury. It has come in handy in a few situations with drunks that want to prove how tough they are. They generally end up on the floor puking or they just walk (or limp) away quietly.

Sorry to hear that happened to you. Don't let it change you other then being a little more careful. Don't let those bastards win twice...

Archived