Short Attention Span.

jeff42

• Members

Here a little story I want to tell about last night before I head for Turkey.

Recently we started doing a new pop/dance medley that goes like this:

Billionaire>>My Head>>California Gurls>>I Like It>>Take It Off

This has been going over very well with all age groups that come to see us especially the younger crowd (under 30 lets say).

Now in the middle of

• Members

Kind of like trying to get someone under 50 to watch a black and white movie. I know there some great movies in B&W, but something in my head just says, "keep going", while flipping through the channels.

Maybe that section needs the old Ted Turner treatment. "Colorize" if you will. Maintain the original intent of it, but shorten it up and don't stray so far from the song. That part was an acapella part wasn't it? Maybe keep the beat going.

• Members

If it kills it, lose it. Why keep it if it flops. It doesn't matter what the band thinks, it matters what the crowd thinks.

This. Even if the other guys dig it, it's all about if the crowd is into it or not.

We're dropping "Turning Japanese" and "The One I Love" for these exact reasons. They have consistently been dance floor killers.

Although last night was a weird gig where almost nobody danced no matter what we played, so we could have just played them anyway. :lol:

• Members

turning japanese made people run for the door when we played it! :lol:

as far as our "Lionel problem" I don't change the beat from I like it so it keeps it going but I think I am going to suggest cutting it down to next to nothing. If not canning it all together.

Archived