Exciting Endorsement Deal for Me

HarpNinjaMike

• Members

Last week Hohner Harmonicas contacted me as asked if I'd be interested in an endorsement deal. Of course, I said yes. As part of the deal, they asked to use a picture of me on the sleeve/packaging of Marine Band five packs. They sent me the mock up and I was told it was a done deal, but I am not sharing that info out with my harp buddies (or the mock up) until I get further confirmation.

The endorsement is a done deal...paperwork turned in and email/phone verification with the head of harmonica marketing...SWEET!

Too bad it won't help me get more gigs and better money, lol. Another harmonica victory that the music going public won't care about. ;)

• Members

It won't?

If you can't leverage this in even the smallest way to get you more and BETTER gigs, then you're doing something REALLY wrong, IMO.

First Congrats/ Secondly kmart is right on the money here. Your endorsement totally adds credibility to your band and your playing. While it's not huge leverage by any means, it's definitely something you can use to open doors, etc.

• Members

Absolutely awesome. I've seen bands strut useless equipment sponsors that are dime a dozen... but the #1 harmonica manufacturer in the US? And that is your speciality. I would certainly use that to my advantage if I had that endorsement. Certainly lends some credibility to your playing ability. :thu:

• Members

First Congrats/ Secondly kmart is right on the money here. Your endorsement totally adds credibility to your band and your playing. While it's not huge leverage by any means, it's definitely something you can use to open doors, etc.

Exactly. It's something you should put very prominently on your website as the very first thing people see right after your name. Something like "Endorsed by Hohner Harmonicas, the #1 harmonica manufacturer in the USA." You would be surprised how many people will take you seriously as someone who is a professional in the industry just by putting that line in all of your promo. In fact, I dare say that Hohner is counting on you doing just that (gives them business, gives you credibility). Mutual backscratching and all that.

• Members

Thanks to all! The whole deal started in August when I was a part of a big harmonica convention. I had a featured set at the big opening event and then a shorter set late in the week. I had no idea that 1.) they were checking me out or 2.) they would have been interested.

All my gig harps have been Hohner's for years, so it'll be a great fit.

Archived