Anyone planning on giving "Friday" by Rebecca Black a shot?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jesus...

So is it true that any press is good press? For the young singer, who has appeared gracious and composed in her few media appearances, that axiom seems to hold true. And her decision to keep the video online, despite being given the opportunity by the song

• Members

If I were in a play songs for the ladies so they dance type band I'd do it. I can see wall to wall babes on the dance floor singing along to that annoying part at the end over and over and loving every minute of it.

I can't ... well maybe wall to wall 13 year old's.

• Members

Jesus...

That's fascinating. I was wondering what the deal was, I mean there's bad pop songs by talentless pop stars...but then there's that song.

I've never heard of one of those vanity deals become famous. Has that ever happened before???

• Members

What about this gem?

Move, bitch, get out the way

Get out the way, bitch, get out the way

Repeat about 100 times. Fin

Well, I've been in situations where I've wanted to repeat those lines 100 times. So it resonates with ME. ;)

Anyway, of course there are many songs with "worse" lyrics that aren't attempting to have real content, but this song actually has a normal structure for its lyrics. They just happen to be unbelievably stupid.

• Members

Credit where credit is due, she's totally got the order of the days of the week down cold.

I'm not so sure.

I mean, she can go from yesterday to the day after tomorrow, which is impressive, of course.

But we can't just assume she can recite the ENTIRE week unaided.

• Members

When I get out from behind the drums for a 3 song medley I usually joke to the audience between songs as the drums keep going (our bassist plays drums and our singer plays bass)

Sometimes before we play Shook Me All Night Long I say something like- "And now the best damn rock song ever written!"

and one of the guys from the band replies with something like "Mandy by Barry Manilow?"

Last gig I said something about the song Friday and everyone laughed and some booed! :lol:

people in our crowd know it already! It's only going to get bigger!

• Members

I'm not so sure.

I mean, she can go from yesterday to the day after tomorrow, which is impressive, of course.

But we can't just assume she can recite the ENTIRE week unaided.

Yeah, she'd best take her cue from the chorus in this one (Thanks to the write by Eddy Grant (Yes, THAT Eddy Grant)):

• Members

Hey now I finally know the days of the week! maybe she can do a version in Spanish so I can learn that as well!

Rod

Lunes martes, lunes martes, miercoles jueves, miercoles jueves, viernes sabado, viernes sabado. do-min-go, do-min-go

I will never play that song, just the mere fact that it's boring and I cant see ANYONE dancing to it. I felt like a real creepster watching the first minute of the song...

Archived