Turning the corner!

• Members

Low and behold, a harmonica driven coverband might make it around here. Besides being a bit of an oddity, I have had a hard time finding time to book. Excuses and reality aside, I was able to hook up with someone from one of the biggest agencies in the area. Several days after the initial phone call, he has gotten me four dates at clubs I never would have gotten in otherwise...all for appropriate money.

This booker is total pro and complete stud at his job. He also likes to push bands with an unique angle. It also helps that he is very hungry for success at this point in time.

I maybe might have caught a bit of a break. We'll see how it goes. I didn't sign on exclusively and still retain my rights to book my own shows, but we are meeting up in the next week to agree on a more formal arrangement. He has also done a great job of hearing me out and coaching us up on what we need to do to be successful with the company.

We had a photographer at last weekend's show and will be capturing video at almost all our shows from here on out. My hope is to have a steady rotation of gigs by this fall and be cleaning enough to continually invest in the band.

Thank you to all of you who have thrown in your two cents on this forum. A lot of the advice, questions, thoughts, etc, have really really helped me out...if anything, I know the correct lingo when working with peeps in the music business. I knew I had a niche to exploit and the kind of people in the band that could make this a great experience, but the whole selling it thing is always an uphill battle. After months of trying to track down help in booking, and often not getting enough interest for them to even check out the website, I scored at least a small victory!

• Members

That's awesome man!!! Sometimes the best plan, is to do what you do best (playing) and let others do what they do best (booking) it might cost an agency fee, but hey, if he's doing his part and earning the money, then I think it's money well spent!

Good luck!!

:thu:

One thing with performing, which interestingly enough was taught to me by my classical guitar teacher of all people is this.

While on stage, a lot of your "moves" have to be larger than life. In a movie, with a closeup, the raising of an eyebrow might be enough to convey an emotion, whereas on a stage, in a play, to get the same effect, you might have to wave your arm in a grand gesture to get the same point across!

Archived