2 More Songs and a Demo

dan88z

• Members

Really good :thu:

The only criticisms I have (and these are pretty nit picky) is that for my taste, the background vocals are at times too loud. Also, I really disliked the guitar sound in Let's Dance.

But I think y'all sound great. I've been debating on whether we should spend some money and get a demo recorded.

• Members

"Let's Dance" really sounds great. Except: Either the bass player is playing the wrong note in the 5th/6th bar of every verse, or the intonation is way off. Should be a Gb (F#) chord there, not an F. That really sticks out like a sore thumb.

• Members

Jason, we recorded these ourselves, at my drummer's house. He's got Sonar and an 8 channel firewire interface. We did all the instruments live, then overdubbed the vocals later. We're thinking about getting one of those usb or firewire mixers like the Presonus 16.0.2 so we can record live at the gigs and then bring it home and tweak the songs, rerecord vocals or what ever it might need.

Stinky- I'll have to listen to that. I never noticed him playing a wrong note there. I'll ask him tonight at the gig what he's doing.

Archived