Anyone here from the band "Hot Topic?"

FitchFY

• Members

Is it me, or is that a horrible name for a band, unless uit's made up of 14-17 year-old angsty goth kids?

Unless they are a bunch of old guys who never had teens who shopped there and have no clue what Hot Topic is.

• Members

Based on the wedding and the crowd (and what I learned was their price), I'd think that they never stepped in a Hot Topic in their life.

People who wear loafers, golf five times a week, and don't own black t-shirts are their bread and butter. Ooh, and they correct you when you call them "mister" instead of "doctor."

**cough rich cough**

• Members

Based on the wedding and the crowd (and what I learned was their price), I'd think that they never stepped in a Hot Topic in their life.

Hey, I don't wear clothes that make me look like I'm heading out for a weekend of camping/hiking/lobstering or the like either, much less shop at stores that sell such a 'look', but you'd still never catch me naming my group "The LL Bean Experience".

:eek:

Poor marketing decision to choose it, or at best to continue with it:

Ultimately, SOMEONE is going to serach the band out online, and they aren't going to find what they're looking for easily, or possibly get the REALLY wrong idea of what the band sounds like.

On the other hand, I WOULD consider something like The J. Peterman Trio...

As long as we all wore Urban Sombreros...

• Members

Hey, I don't wear clothes that make me look like I'm heading out for a weekend of camping/hiking/lobstering or the like either, much less shop at stores that sell such a 'look', but you'd
still
never catch me naming my group "The LL Bean Experience".

:eek:

Poor marketing decision to choose it, or at best to continue with it:

Ultimately, SOMEONE is going to serach the band out online, and they aren't going to find what they're looking for easily, or possibly get the REALLY wrong idea of what the band sounds like.

On the other hand, I WOULD consider something like The J. Peterman Trio...

As long as we all wore Urban Sombreros...

If they were a new and/or unestablished band, I'd agree with you. However, I visited the band's website. From their site:

Hot Topic Band has been named one of the nation

• Members

Oh, I looked at their site & credentials.

Maybe the stores aren't as prevalent in their general market, but it seems to me that it would be something I'd want to avoid putting my successful enterprise up against regardless of how established I was: since they target weddings, how long do you think it will be (if not already) until their average target customer hears the words "Hot Topic" and thinks ONLY of some crappy Yellowcard knockoff group and decides sight unseen that's NOT what they want for their wedding day?

I suppose if you're booked solid for the next year or two, you probably don't care much, but...

• Members

I don't get the name either; maybe it's somebody's last name?

They sound really really good; would be dynamite with a keyboard, to fill out the sound.

Everything sounds better with keyboards!

• Members

London Calling is the name of a Clash album. I'm guessing they are either some big Clash fans or a Clash cover band. I didn't look to see what tunes they covered....

Hundreds of songs, not a single Clash tune. Definitely sorta bizarre. Name makes no sense. But either way, they sound pretty damn good.

Archived