Saw Original Band That Played Snippets Of Covers Between Songs

ski219

• Members

Unless you play in a genre outside of those played by cover bands, i.e. prog, any form of metal, etc...

Are there no bands that do prog or metal covers? I find that hard to believe. There has to be some sort of fan base for prog and metal bands that have made it. If not ,, it doesnt seem like a logical thing to write original materials of those types of music.

• Members

I've never heard of a death/black/power/whatever metal or prog rock cover band that gets paying gigs. There are a handful of semi-successful tribute bands to artists like Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Rush but no tribute act is going to play original songs.

• Members

I've never heard of a death/black/power/whatever metal or prog rock cover band that gets paying gigs. There are a handful of semi-successful tribute bands to artists like Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Rush but no tribute act is going to play original songs.

Hmmm seems kinda odd. But if those are the rules, i guess you need to follow them:rolleyes:

• Members

Hmmm seems kinda odd. But if those are the rules, i guess you need to follow them:rolleyes:

Metal bands are kind of an odd scene. They (we :D) like to talk about our influences until the cows come home, but actual cover bands are really rare (I think it's because normal bars don't want metal bands, and so there's limited venues anyway that end up going to original nights).

Plus, most metal bands are not very good. Somewhere along the line metal bands have, by and large, lost a lot of what made classic metal great. (i.e. just because you're tuned down to C#, are playing with everything dimed, have a vocalist who can growl and your fans can't read your band name because of the ridiculous font doesn't mean you're a good metal band -- go back, study the old masters, then talk to me again)

• Members
Metal bands are kind of an odd scene. They (we
:D
) like to talk about our influences until the cows come home, but actual cover bands are really rare (I think it's because normal bars don't want metal bands, and so there's limited venues anyway that end up going to original nights).

Plus, most metal bands are not very good. Somewhere along the line metal bands have, by and large, lost a lot of what made classic metal great. (i.e. just because you're tuned down to C#, are playing with everything dimed, have a vocalist who can growl and your fans can't read your band name because of the ridiculous font doesn't mean you're a good metal band -- go back, study the old masters, then talk to me again)

Oh LOL I believe you ... If metal is your thing I can see why you have to stick to the original metal venues. ya must gotta love it/

Archived