Auditioning for a new band - part 3

FitchFY

• Members

1 - 2 practices a week but 1 - 2 gigs a month???? I never understand bands that do that. If you're going to play twice a week, why not gig and get paid for it. A good cover band doesn't need to rehearse regularly once they're up to speed.

• Members

1 - 2 practices a week but 1 - 2 gigs a month????

I'd be down for one a week if it meant a great payoff, but the Ben Franklins just ain't there. Such a bummer!

I love that my current band hasn't practiced in years. We add songs either on the fly or just agree to learn `em.

• Members

I'd be down for one a week if it meant a great payoff, but the Ben Franklins just ain't there. Such a bummer!

I love that my current band hasn't practiced in years. We add songs either on the fly or just agree to learn `em.

I guess, but as you say, your band doesn't practice. Mine gigs 3 - 4 times a month and rehearses maybe once every 6 - 8 weeks to add a few new songs. I'm puzzled why they need to rehearse that much in the first place, or why they have the time and desire to rehearse more than they have the time and desire to gig.

• Members

sounds like you're better off where you are -- good choice :thu:

it never hurts to audition every once in a while. it keeps you sharp and forces you to learn new stuff.

Archived