One of my "heroes" came to our gig last night...

mstreck

• Members

A regionally popular cover band frontman (and IMO master showman) came to our show last night. This guy is what I wish I could be on stage. The guy has one of the best voices I've heard and always (ALWAYS!) has command of the stage. If you're looking for a pro-level frontman, HE is the guy you want in your band!

I saw him and his wife sitting in the back of the room during our first set so Amy and I walked back there during our break to thank him for coming out (honestly, I was surprised he stayed that long). He was very gracious and we all talked for a bit. He eventually offered some constructive criticism about our PA setup (and he was right on point). He's a pretty nice guy all around - he must save his ego for the stage.

It was quite an honor to even have him there - even more so that they stayed until last call. That was a pretty good feeling. :thu:

• Members

Nothing feels better than when one of your respected peers cheers you on - I'm buddies with the drummer of Overcast (NE hardcore legends) and whenever I see him, he always says the nicest things. It makes me feel like a little kid!

Also, *vomit*

:)

• Members

Successful or not, compliments from other musicians never get old. We brought out some Pink Floyd for the first time, and the feedback we received from the other musicians was exactly what we needed to feel confident in playing it whenever we think it fits.

• Members

We had a similar thing happen a while back - the wife of the frontman for the best band in town checked out our band and blew off his gig (he was playing across town that same night) to listen to us all night. About a month later, we were playing at the same place and he came and checked us out. It was funny how he told us, "I had to come check you guys out to see what kept my ol' lady from coming to my gig - daaaaayuuum! You guys are are tighter than a frogs ass!"

Now any night he's not gigging and we are, he comes and checks us out

Archived