A sampler Vid of my Band from the 23rd

• Members

I'm not a huge fan of (or expert on) post-metal but the musicianship seems very solid overall to me. So the foundation is there.

From my limited knowledge it seems like y'all are drawing from different subgenres. Are you planning to focus in on one? It might help your marketability and image -- if there's something I'd nitpick it's that the band seems a little bland in its current presentation. I'd go *somewhere* with the image -- either on the verge of breaking {censored}, or post-glam, or doom, or whatever.

Just some thoughts...

• Members

post-metal? thats a new one. If anything I'd say we'd be closer to alt-rock I came from prog rock & fusion influences though.

I'm not a huge fan of (or expert on) post-metal but the musicianship seems very solid overall to me. So the foundation is there.

From my limited knowledge it seems like y'all are drawing from different subgenres. Are you planning to focus in on one? It might help your marketability and image -- if there's something I'd nitpick it's that the band seems a little bland in its current presentation. I'd go *somewhere* with the image -- either on the verge of breaking {censored}, or post-glam, or doom, or whatever.

Just some thoughts...

• Members

post-metal? thats a new one. If anything I'd say we'd be closer to alt-rock I came from prog rock & fusion influences though.

Well, like I said, I'm no expert. The point remains that you might benefit from deciding what subgenre you want to focus on. My two cents, anyway.

• Members

Well, like I said, I'm no expert. The point remains that you might benefit from deciding what subgenre you want to focus on. My two cents, anyway.

its all good and thanks for the input appreciate it. tbh what we've been doing has been working though and we aren't that all over the place. Your comment about presentation I truly feel is a good one there is always room for improving the "look."

Archived