Need Some Song Suggestions

• Members

Hey all!

I am one half of a lead singer duo in an all-female cover band. The other singer covers the pop stuff (Katy Perry, Lady Gaga, etc) and I cover most of the rock songs (Motley Crue, Van Halen, etc).

We're taking some weeks off to work on some new stuff. I love having new songs to sing, but I keep ending up with all the standard 80s rock anthems. I love singing these tunes, but it's important to us to mix it up a bit, and throw some newer stuff in. The problem is that we're having a tough time coming up with post-80s rock songs that are high-energy (This is very important to us) and will go over well.

I was thinking maybe "Gives You Hell" or "Are You Gonna Be My Girl", but there have to be some others that I'm not thinking of.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! I might not see them til tomorrow evening, but I will definitely see them! :)

• Members

We already do Take It Off as a duet (I should've mentioned that). The only Hole song we've done that has gone over well is Celebrity Skin, and that started flopping after a while, so we tossed it. Our lead guitarist did that one. Most of us LOVE the Foo Fighters, but because of the time changes, their songs aren't as "drunk girl friendly". =P. Now Republica........either hit - "Drop Dead Gorgeous" or "Ready To Go" might be good. Excellent suggestion. Thank you!!! :D

• Members

That's exactly what I hated about 90's music is that it just didn't have the 80's flair. "Too cool to tune my grandma's guitar that I can barely play and I want to be in a band but I don't want any attention" guys really screwed up my high school years.

• Members

Sadly most of the best female rockers *are* (IMO) from the 80s - Pat Benatar, Lite Ford, Joan Jett, Heart, Lee Aaron, etc.

Bif Naked - I Love Myself Today

[video=youtube;BdpJh_zc6k8]

Zerospace - Kidneythieves

[video=youtube;kROH0buY8e8]

{censored}list - L7

[video=youtube;3wES60h58vs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wES60h58vs

I Get Off - Halestorm (or Bad Romance Gaga Cover if you prefer :)

[video=youtube;Q4MOC6aKMkA]

It's Not You - Halestorm

[video=youtube;5_mEirvyWew]

Archived