So, so gig last night...

rodclement

• Members

No so goos gig last night...I was lookinf forward to it but it wasn't that good...

I was looking forward to using the new lights and speakers, we set all up outdoors knowing it was going to rain but we hoped for dry weather untill at least 10:30 (we start at 7:00) so we were going to go straight through untill then...not so...

Four songs in with a full terrace, people getting into it and starting to request songs...rain...a lot of rain...run around, break the gear down, light trelice...not fun...move everything inside but by then (an hour later) most people were stuffed into a back room and us at the bar upfront...very tight...not a lot of people...kinda BLAH...!

Oh well...can't win them all...we still played untill 12:00am and the people there had fun, it just felt like work to me...

Rod

• Members

You know I've been doing this for a long time and this just felt crappy...I think it was the high when we started outside and then the rain that stopped us...all wet and running, just didn't feel like playing after that...now I know what "the show must go on" means.

Rod

• Members

played in a very nice place with my trio Saturday night. Played to about 10 people and we brought all 10 of them. the place gets a decent crowd when its nice. they have a great deck. Well, it rained... no one came and the solo guy on the deck was cancelled, so when we showed up to play at 9:30pm in the inside bar the entire place was empty and pretty much stayed that way.

• Members

Weather was not co-operating last night. A few miles north of you rain was on and off all night. It makes for damp load in's and so so crowds.

We lost power about twenty minutes into our weekly "rehearsal" yesterday. No problem, we went acoustic and had a pretty good practice after all. In fact, it went so well that we have decided to become a "quieter, gentler more acoustic styled foursome. (There are other reasons for that too, but I'll save that for another thread).

Spent part of the time in water up over my ankles making channels to route the water away from the practice space door. We had something like 6-7 inches of rain around here yesterday. (just south of Glassboro, New Jersey).

No one got electrocuted!!!

• Members

played in a very nice place with my trio Saturday night. Played to about 10 people and we brought all 10 of them. the place gets a decent crowd when its nice. they have a great deck.
Well, it rained
... no one came and the solo guy on the deck was cancelled, so when we showed up to play at 9:30pm in the inside bar the entire place was empty and pretty much stayed that way.

"Well, it rained"?? That's a pretty big understatement, isn't it? I don't think you're that far out of yesterday's deluge area, are you?

• Members

"Well, it rained"?? That's a pretty big understatement, isn't it? I don't think you're that far out of yesterday's deluge area, are you?

HAHAHA! Yep it was a bit of an understatement. We got rain and rain and rain!

• Members

We had an outdoor show Saturday as well. As luck would have it, they had us set up indoors and start an hour late so they could accommodate the diners. We played to a packed house, and it didn't rain a drop the entire time! We were joking that if we had set up outdoors it would have poured. The venue is open air, with the entire side of the club open to the outdoor deck. We had the bar full and the deck was nice and crowded and everyone was having a blast. At the end of the night one of the guys who was working there said it was the best night they had all summer.

This was the gig that we had the sub singer. She rocked it out and did a great job. One rehearsal and it was only the drummer and I there, and probably a dozen songs we didn't go over at all. A few bumps in the road but everyone went with the flow and there were no disasters.

Yesterday was horrible here- we got at least 6" of rain. I was at the point where I needed to fill my pool, I ended up having to drain 4-5", it was 1/4" from overflowing. More rain today!

Archived