Software for editing websites

• Members

Before I go any further, this software is FREE at the moment for beta testing, so download it quickly!

I see a lot of posts about band websites, and I wanted to post a link to this software because it's pretty kick-ass.

http://muse.adobe.com/

Okay, this is a WYSIWYG ("what you see is what you get") HTML5 webpage creator which is similar to Photoshop in its structure (you can even place PSD files right in the webpage), and it's pretty simple to use.

Enough talk, though. You want to see examples:

Before: www.jealouscreatures.com/index001.html

After: www.jealouscreatures.com

And this only took me a few minutes to put together. (Full disclosure: there were a few things I wanted this page to do, and it didn't, so I did have to go in and edit SOME code, but it was fairly painless.) And the cool thing is that it puts out different CSS files for IE and for other browsers, so you get a good looking website no matter what browser you use!

It's pretty awesome.

Sarah

• Members

Before I go any further, this software is FREE at the moment for beta testing, so download it quickly!

They're banking on getting people hooked:

http://muse.adobe.com/faq.html

Muse (code name) will be offered at no charge during the public beta period. It is anticipated that version 1 of Muse will be released in early 2012 at which time customers will need to purchase a license to the application if they want to continue authoring websites with Muse. Adobe anticipates that Muse will be available by subscription only. This will allow us to add new features to Muse regularly and customers will have access to the most up to date functionality which is critical when building standards-based content. Adobe anticipates that Muse will be available as a one-year or month-to-month subscription plan at the following price points:

• Members

I can't stand these subscription-based software packages coming out. It's getting a bit ridiculous. Instead of $180/year, sell it to me for $499 outright. We've got software we have to use at work that is subscription-based and it sucks, I'd rather pay $199/machine for 14 machines and just eat the cost all at once than have to pay $8/month for 14 machines ($1344/yr) for eternity.

• Members

I just saw your website after using that Adobe app. Two suggestions for you - try to compress the graphics, because it's loading too slow.

Eg. this file, which is your album cover has 65 kb! Optimized website shouldn't be more than 100kb.

Another thing - your website is compact and I like it. But there's no info about what this website is about. First-time user won't know if it's actually a band, catering company or record label :-) I suggest you to add a little label under your band name, something like "Rock'n'roll. {censored} the neighbours" or "Super-duper band from Houston" :)

In this thread I'm showing people how to optimize their websites. Check that out, I hope it may help you too.

Archived